alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial NOAA survey letter
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 15, 2019, 04:49:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOAA survey letter  (Read 439 times)
mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 05:50:27 PM »

Mark,
AS a recreational fisherman who travels from AZ to San Diego to fish, I have to ask why one would not respond. I have been sent stuff( apparently from my license info) as to how my  trip went. Like how many days did you fish, what did you catch, what did you keep,,,, seems like normal management to me.

how about, it is none of your business and stop tracking me.

humboldtdan

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »

It is always amazing to me how much people hate Fed and State Fish and Wildlife Agencies.  Nobody at these agencies is trying to take your fishing away without the best available science. Many love to fish and hunt themselves.  There is plenty of evidence of what happens when fish and wildlife aren't managed-they eventually disappear.  Yes, fishing and hunting is sometimes curtailed and sometimes it is based on less than adequate science.  Not responding to creel census' or providing misleading data helps nobody.  People say that once a fishing or hunting opportunity is taken away you never get it back, except I can point to many examples where previous overfished species have been recovered and become fishable once again.  With ever increasing human populations sound fish and wildlife management becomes even more important.  Fish and wildlife management is almost never perfect, but its the best we have and if we didn't have it nobody would be better off.  NOAA has some of the best scientists in the world and should be praised for their work and dedication to conserving our marine resources.
mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 12:11:20 AM »

It is always amazing to me how much people hate Fed and State Fish and Wildlife Agencies.  Nobody at these agencies is trying to take your fishing away without the best available science. 

That is not true and Science is a dubious thing in the hands of government beaurcrats.  The purpose of all government is politics, not science and no government agency is a fair arbiter of science.

mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 12:17:25 AM »

Fish and wildlife management is almost never perfect, but its the best we have and if we didn't have it nobody would be better off. 

That is also not true.  Our wildlife managment is garbage.  The North East SBS and fluke is a perfect example of of politicians using science to pursue their own bigoted opinions.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: