NOAA survey letter

Started by Crow, September 04, 2019, 04:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humboldtdan

It is always amazing to me how much people hate Fed and State Fish and Wildlife Agencies.  Nobody at these agencies is trying to take your fishing away without the best available science. Many love to fish and hunt themselves.  There is plenty of evidence of what happens when fish and wildlife aren't managed-they eventually disappear.  Yes, fishing and hunting is sometimes curtailed and sometimes it is based on less than adequate science.  Not responding to creel census' or providing misleading data helps nobody.  People say that once a fishing or hunting opportunity is taken away you never get it back, except I can point to many examples where previous overfished species have been recovered and become fishable once again.  With ever increasing human populations sound fish and wildlife management becomes even more important.  Fish and wildlife management is almost never perfect, but its the best we have and if we didn't have it nobody would be better off.  NOAA has some of the best scientists in the world and should be praised for their work and dedication to conserving our marine resources.

humboldtdan

I am a government scientist so I know a little about this topic.  

bhale1

so, after all your education, and a bunch of letters after your name, you feel the best way to respond is????
just asking,,, ???? Seems to me that me  you need to justify your reasons.... I see no reason not to respond honestly...maybe I was just raised up differently...
So please educate me/us....
Brett

alantani

gentlemen, thank you for your thoughtful responses.  this topic is now closed. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!