alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial NOAA survey letter
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 29, 2020, 04:59:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOAA survey letter  (Read 983 times)
humboldtdan

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »

It is always amazing to me how much people hate Fed and State Fish and Wildlife Agencies.  Nobody at these agencies is trying to take your fishing away without the best available science. Many love to fish and hunt themselves.  There is plenty of evidence of what happens when fish and wildlife aren't managed-they eventually disappear.  Yes, fishing and hunting is sometimes curtailed and sometimes it is based on less than adequate science.  Not responding to creel census' or providing misleading data helps nobody.  People say that once a fishing or hunting opportunity is taken away you never get it back, except I can point to many examples where previous overfished species have been recovered and become fishable once again.  With ever increasing human populations sound fish and wildlife management becomes even more important.  Fish and wildlife management is almost never perfect, but its the best we have and if we didn't have it nobody would be better off.  NOAA has some of the best scientists in the world and should be praised for their work and dedication to conserving our marine resources.
humboldtdan

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 02:45:16 PM »

I am a government scientist so I know a little about this topic.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 04:22:29 PM by alantani » Logged
mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2019, 01:15:40 PM »

I am a government scientist so I know a little about this topic.  

I have more than a few letters after my name and they are all in the hard sciences.  My opinions on this topic are educated.

bhale1
Photo Group

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 08:21:12 PM »

so, after all your education, and a bunch of letters after your name, you feel the best way to respond is?Huh?
just asking,,, Huh?? Seems to me that me  you need to justify your reasons.... I see no reason not to respond honestly...maybe I was just raised up differently...
So please educate me/us....
Brett
mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 09:09:42 PM »

so, after all your education, and a bunch of letters after your name, you feel the best way to respond is?Huh?
just asking,,, Huh?? Seems to me that me  you need to justify your reasons.... I see no reason not to respond honestly...maybe I was just raised up differently...
So please educate me/us....
Brett

Alan made it quite clear that despite my scientific research background that he doesn't want me to pursue this on the board.  I just felt it was essential to state that our resident government scientist wasn't the only qualified individual here to make assessments of NOAA and individual state reports and the process that promulgates regulations.  I find the opinions expressed in defense of the governments management to be incredibly naive and inaccurate.  But at his request, if you want to pursue this further, it has to be elsewhere, but not here.

alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2019, 07:50:11 AM »

gentlemen, thank you for your thoughtful responses.  this topic is now closed. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: