Custom Rod & Reel Cabinet

Started by Alto Mare, November 03, 2011, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Last week I came across some old, rough-sawed lumber and I decided to recycle it. I couldn't think of a better way to use it, so I made this custom rod & reel cabinet. I always told my daughter that I would find the "perfect" place to display the fish she made me when she was little...well, here it is! Problem is, my wife took one look at the cabinet and complained, "I don't have one working drawer in my kitchen and you're wasting your time on this?" Oh well, you can't please them all, right?  Enjoy!

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Sal, I'm speechless.
A treasure trove of surpassing quality and truly the 'perfect' place to display your daughter's fish.
And in a week?!
Wow.
There's some real talent around here.
Well done, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

kamuwela

no joke speachless, man thats a thing of beauty inside and out.

Snagged2

WOW,, A special drawer,, just for handles... Love it..  Thanks for sharing!!

catchingthemstripers

Awesome cabinet Sal! Wish I had one of my own! You should sell them!

Alto Mare

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm glad you liked it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Hey Sal,
I've got a few projects for you! Stop by and I'll explain them. ;D :D ;D

THAT ..... IS ..... INCREDIBLE! 8)
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Alto Mare

Thanks Rob!
Although I would love to come to your house, I'm going to have to decline the offer at this time. My wife has been waiting 10 years for a new kitchen; one more project related to my fishing crap ( that's what she calls my beautiful stuff ) and I will need to find a new home ;D.

Bryan Young

Wow, that's awesome Sal.  By the way, what are those colored dots on the reels for?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Thanks Bryan!
The stickers are my notes. Some of those reels have brass gears, some have cast aluminum, some have been customized with two anti reverse dogs and some are just to remind me if I serviced the reel or not. Try those stickers, they don't leave a mark and are not affected by grease, they stay on for as long as you need them to.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 03, 2011, 09:34:21 AM
........ my fishing crap ( that's what she calls my beautiful stuff ) .......

X2, pal. :'(
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

coastalobsession

WOW!!!! That looks awesome. You have one very nice collection!!!!!
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

broadway

You are the man, Sal ...ain't no painting you with one brush!  You're wife is lucky to have someone with such abilities... must be a hell of a woman!
Now go re-do the kitchen so you can get more gear.  If you re-do the bathroom as well I bet you get whatever you want ;)
Great job bro!
Dom

broadway

Oh, by the way, +1 for photo of the month... well deserved!
Dom

Whiteman

Ever thought you might just have too much tackle or are you one of the subscribers to the theory "he who dies with the most toys wins!"?

I'm just jealous if you can't already tell.