Naruto the ninja jigging rod

Started by steelfish, January 19, 2024, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on January 25, 2024, 01:10:56 AMWow, there's a lot going on, on that rod!
Beautiful job Alex! You really take those graphics,

thanks amigo

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on January 25, 2024, 01:10:56 AMGotta ask, if you don't mind?
How many hours you got on that build?

Gary has the answer
Quote from: gstours on January 25, 2024, 12:36:25 AM....and unknown hours of getting it right.    :d

;D  ;D

on a serious note, there was a time when I was counting and written down how many hours take me to build each rod, until I decided to drop it and be happy and just enjoy ....I was getting into panic knowing how many hours it takes me to build each rod, my OCD hits me hard sometimes when working on rods
The Baja Guy

gstours

Alex.  you have many talents and are young enough to make some financial changes and persue a life we envy.
  When you told us this,
on a serious note, there was a time when I was counting and written down how many hours take me to build each rod, until I decided to drop it and be happy and just enjoy ....I was getting into panic knowing how many hours it takes me to build each rod, my OCD hits me hard sometimes when working on rods.
  Best of luck, gst. :d

Benni3

Jim Fujitani

Very impressive!!

I'll have to show the pics to my daughter.  She was into Anime since she was about 8 or 9 and I would have to take her on shopping trips to the only comic book store in town, at that time.  When she turned 18, the manager offered her a job, her first job.  She quickly got into taking care of and improving an extensive Anime section.  She worked there about six years. 

steelfish

Quote from: Jim Fujitani on March 17, 2024, 06:00:08 PMVery impressive!!

I'll have to show the pics to my daughter.  She was into Anime since she was about 8 or 9 and I would have to take her on shopping trips to the only comic book store in town, at that time.  When she turned 18, the manager offered her a job, her first job.  She quickly got into taking care of and improving an extensive Anime section.  She worked there about six years. 

thanks , let me know what your daughter says about the fishing rod.
The Baja Guy

Jim Fujitani

She thought you did a really good job!! 

The really great thing about improvements in the craft over the decades is that custom rods can now be so personalized.  You, as the craftsman, can truly build a one-of-a-kind personalized rod that stands out amongst hundreds of other rods.

Works of art, much different from the nondescript rods that I built when I first started almost 50 years ago.   

steelfish

Quote from: Jim Fujitani on March 20, 2024, 04:09:06 PMShe thought you did a really good job!! 

The really great thing about improvements in the craft over the decades is that custom rods can now be so personalized.  You, as the craftsman, can truly build a one-of-a-kind personalized rod that stands out amongst hundreds of other rods.

Works of art, much different from the nondescript rods that I built when I first started almost 50 years ago.   

cool, coming from a true Anime "Otaku" woman I can take that as a compliment  ^-^

some might dont share my way of work but the main reason I started to get into rodbuilding was to build rods that will stand out from a bunch of factory rods, I must recon most custom rods accomplish that also but many dont. Anyway, thanks Jim
The Baja Guy