Long time viewer first time poster

Started by Eaglesgreen, September 11, 2019, 08:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglesgreen

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike, I have been a long time viewer of this forum and decided to finally join.  I enjoy fishing from the surf in NJ and also back bay, inshore.  I got bit by a collectors bug especially penn 5 years back and since then scour the internet for that rare item but mostly hit up the flea markets (or swap meets depending where I am at).  Unfortunately I don't have the fundage for the super rare expensive items so I usually look for the lower end items and clean them up.  Thanks for having me!

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

Welcome Mike! Look around the forums here...there are a lot of "budget builds"...many of them are mine. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Welcome from Phila Mike, you will like it here.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Benni3

happyhooker

bhale1

Welcome Mike,
There are lots of serious collectors here. But many, like myself just like an old reel when we stumble upon one. Thats what is soo awesome about this site. Just keep doing what you do, and have fun. There are lots of experts here willing to help along the way. ENJOY!
Brett

AC49

Welcome Mike from Cape Town South Africa

Regards
AC49

Tiddlerbasher

Donnyboat

Hi Mike, nice to have you with us, now I know why I can never win a score on the bay, yes we all like a bargain ay, Don from sunny Western Australia, cheers.
Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

Welcome Mike....the way I look at it...every Penn is rare and worthy of saving from the trash heap....just don't tell my wife. 😁  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!