Glow in the dark

Started by Benni3, September 12, 2019, 09:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Got this for something else "watch lume",,,,,, :D but it works great on lures,,,,, ;) just before dark i get more bites,,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

I had some "rubber worms", years ago that "glowed"....you held them under a bright light to "charge them". They worked pretty well (at least they seemed to :-\). I never could find any more...at least locally...maybe I should check "online". Where did you get that stuff, Benni ?
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on September 12, 2019, 09:39:56 PM
I had some "rubber worms", years ago that "glowed"....you held them under a bright light to "charge them". They worked pretty well (at least they seemed to :-\). I never could find any more...at least locally...maybe I should check "online". Where did you get that stuff, Benni ?
ebay $20,,,,, :D it's a 2part paint in the bottle and powder in the tube it only takes a little bit works long time,,,,,, ;) I had one kick the hook on it in the pitch dark,,,,,,, ;D

whalebreath

Strontium Aluminate is very popular in the Salmon trolling fishery here in BC because so much bait is Bioluminescent.

So many options available online now-paint, tape, beads.

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on September 12, 2019, 09:39:56 PM
mo glo,,,,might  have something,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

After hooking a fish in the pitch dark,,,,,, :D I have been modifying some stuff,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: whalebreath on September 13, 2019, 03:16:59 AM
Strontium Aluminate is very popular in the Salmon trolling fishery here in BC because so much bait is Bioluminescent.

So many options available online now-paint, tape, beads.
that looks great,,,,,,, ;) I think this stuff must be in the same family,,,,,,,, ;D

David Hall

I get little 2oz jars at Tap Plastics for something like $15 a bottle.  Mix it with clear nail polish and brush it on.  I use an accessory camera flash attachement as a light source to charge it.  Just hit the button but DO NOT look at it when you do.  Otherwise you will he fishing in the dark, flash blinded.  Lol.   

SoCalAngler

Check Alumiglow Powder Paint. Many vids on his site, I have used his products and it still works many years later.

Gobi King

I found some glow in the dark nail polish that was shipped from China,
not very glowy but was cheap.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Gadget

I mix the luminescent powder you can buy on ebay with liquid rubber when making soft plastic tails .It works very well mix before you heat the liquid in the microwave.As we fish ultradeep water here .The no light no bite adage holds true .The glow tape off ebay has the longest glow time and its easy to tart up lures.I lock it all into place but coating the lure with rod finish and turning on a rotisserie for 9 hrs.
A bad days fishing is better than a good day in the office