alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Fishing in New Zealand
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 11, 2019, 05:40:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishing in New Zealand  (Read 1588 times)
steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2019, 03:29:55 PM »

25 minutes.......

Trickier question is how fast can you get to the rail? These fights are won or lost in the first 30 seconds, either the fish makes it into the reef or it doesn't.

If you're at 40lb of drag with a 7ft rod you've got to deal with approx 140lb at the grip until you can get to the rail.

different size of monster fish but that sounds the way we fish here, 5.5ft and 6ft rods are perfect for panga use and also gives more leverage to the angler.

you said it before, just like Cedros in steroids, not a place to give line to the fish or "play" with the drag, its You Vs the fish
NZ sounds like a dream fishing trip
CraigArsell
Mook

MOOK

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2019, 08:42:33 AM »

Please put me on the list for New Zealand

MOOK
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2019, 08:52:03 AM »

We'll talk it over at dinner on Sunday!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
roosterfish

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2019, 01:52:33 PM »

Saw that some guys were talking about using the RAIL--definite no/no by Kiwi standards. The reasoning behind this is that the spinning guys cant so why should you--infact on my 2 trips to the Kings, the mate told me that he would cut my line if the rod touched it but it was fine if I wanted to crush my hand---Got bloody knuckles to prove it. Man up, hit the gym, because a 90lb Kingie is going to do a serious thrashing on your back---Great Fun.
boon
Sensei

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2019, 02:03:24 PM »

Saw that some guys were talking about using the RAIL--definite no/no by Kiwi standards. The reasoning behind this is that the spinning guys cant so why should you--infact on my 2 trips to the Kings, the mate told me that he would cut my line if the rod touched it but it was fine if I wanted to crush my hand---Got bloody knuckles to prove it. Man up, hit the gym, because a 90lb Kingie is going to do a serious thrashing on your back---Great Fun.

I'm kinda like "more power to you"; I'd love to see if it actually works in this fishery?

Wally15
Firearms Group

Tres Marias 347 LB YFT (Puerto Vallarta, Mexico)

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2019, 04:25:10 AM »

For those of you that have expressed an interest in the New Zealand fishing trip, I started a separate blog to finalize the trip details.
Here's the info on the charter operation we've selected:
https://www.epicadventures.co.nz/

5 days of fishing. Day trips off the Coromandel Peninsula. Feb 25-29 2020. Need to finalize the booking within the next week. Please let me know if you're still interested.
Mike Pate
(229) 344-1973
wmpate15@gmail.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: