NZ Fishing Trip - Feb 25-29 2020 (It's a Leap Year)

Started by Wally15, September 13, 2019, 03:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogan

Well, I too will have to step down from this trip.  I was thinking this trip would take a year to plan, giving me time to get work settled and finances planned out.  The next six months are pretty hectic for me, so international travel is no-go.  You guys have a great trip and I will be living through your posts.  Rich

alantani

joy says i can go.  she wants to go as well, but not fish.  if any of the wives want to go, maybe they can team up. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on September 18, 2019, 04:06:36 PM
joy says i can go.  she wants to go as well, but not fish.  if any of the wives want to go, maybe they can team up. 
Anne can't go. It's the middle of income tax season. Otherwise she'd be all-in.
I'm very surprised at the lukewarm response to this bucket list trip. With the favorable exchange rate, it may never be cheaper for US fishermen to go there.

"When you've seen the Southern Cross for the first time......."
CS&N

GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Wally15

Quote from: p-deverett on September 16, 2019, 03:48:11 AM
If possible it would be good to arrange an Ohana dinner while you guys are here in Auckland as there are a few members here.

Thoughts?

Cheers Peter

I think that's a great idea. I'm thinking about renting a car for a week to give us some mobility. The Go Kiwi shuttle is somewhat expensive. Round trip to Whitianga is $125US per person. 4 people sharing a rental is about $90 each I lived in the UK for 3 years  (and I live in south Georgia) so I'm somewhat used to driving on the wrong side of the road.
GA Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Donnyboat

Ay Wally. the left hand side is the right side, maybe some of the kiwis, can organize a meeting with Mandy Hupanga & co, when your over there, the fishing show, get your fish on, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

CraigArsell

I am sad to say I cant swing it fellas.  :'(.. Good luck to all who are going..Mook...
MOOK

boon

Did this trip get locked in? Not far away now if so!

Wally15

Quote from: boon on February 19, 2020, 09:49:09 AM
Did this trip get locked in? Not far away now if so!

Afraid not. Just about everyone who originally expressed an interest in the trip had to back out for various reasons. Alan and Joy were the only serious candidates.
It would have been a bucket list trip for me!
Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

redsetta

Rick (roosterfish) came down last week and we chased kings for a few days on the Coromandel.
Was great fun.
Hopefully you'll be able to make it work another time...
I'll join yas when you do!
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

boon

I'll bump this up in August or something, see if we can get some momentum next year?

roosterfish

Hey Justin, just ordered a Battle Royale from Chris Wong @ Jigmaster. Your buying diner next as cant believe I spent that much for a rod--brilliant idea on your part-thanks. Been doing a lot of research on Ranfurly .Boulder told me about Coastal Fishing Charters in Hicks Bay----google it but they seem very spendy. Talked to Carl and he is keen to do 3 days down there in Nov and we can do that for about 1/2 the price----3 guys max. Did my pics finally come through on the text---wife sent them again. Stay intouch.

boon

I got a Battle Royale PE3-6 Spin just before christmas, lovely rod to jig 200-400g jigs with. Only thing that surprised me is that even a 10kg fish will bend it all the way through the grips, but once it's loaded the power really comes in.

Carl @ Provider? What's approx cost for a Ranfurly trip with him? I assume returning to Hicks Bay each day, as I'm 99% sure his boat isn't big enough I'd want to "liveaboard" out there for 3 days?

roosterfish

He charges 400nz per day but might be alittle extra as its about a 4 hour drive from his home. We would probably want for us to provide lodging(boat way to small to sleep on) 7.7 meters. Coastal is 3200nz per day(5 guys) but a 9.5 meter boat. Very few fish Ranfurly as its just so remote but its the best topwater/jigging destination in the world. Im heading back in Nov 2020 and March/April 2021(3 Kings)