Newell 300 Series Generation 2 Aluminum Side Plate Kits

Started by Bryan Young, September 15, 2019, 02:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Well, it's been a while since we were able to produce these kits again.  There was a minor improvement in the jack shift lever area like the 400 series, but overall, they are of the same design and Gen1.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17264.0

The 20 kits are available in each of the 5 colors, black, silver, purple, ice blue and green.  

The kit will include:
    Two adjustable bearing cups
    Two Viton O-rings.
    Two ABEC-5 bearings
    Clicker spring and two Allen clicker spring screws
    Clicker button, Teflon side plate guard, clicker dog, and retaining c-clip
    Four stainless steel Allen head bridge screws
    12 stainless steel Allen head frame screws
    Three sizes of Allen Wrenches, 5/64", 3/32", and 7/64" to assemble your reel

Please note that there are a few kits that will include hardware kits that looks like below.  The difference is that you will noticed that there is a small screw included with the Allen wrenches.  This is the clicker spring screw that was missed, so please be careful when opening the hardware bags so you don't misplace this extra screen.

Available on eBay via my retailer.

If you have any question, please post them here or send me a PM.

Thank you for your interests.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Please note that when assembling, use a good marine grease on all screws, bearing up threads, and where there's metal to metal contact to prevent corrosion.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Quantities Remaining

Black 15
                  Silver 18
                  Purple 19
                  Blue 17
                  Green 19

sabaman1

Bryan, what model brideplates are these designed for?
JIM

Bryan Young

sabaman1

JIM

Bryan Young

Hi Jim,

It will fit the blackie bridge but you will need a later free spool shift lever.  I have asked Cortex Conversion to machine some out of one piece stock of stainless steel and for the blackie users and its on his schedule.  Not sure of the time frame as of yet.  Sorry.

If you can find a free spool shift lever from the P-series to S-series, then all you need to do is replace the shift lever and you will be able to use these side plate kits.

Bryan

davem

If they're machined like the 400 series kits, they're going to be awesome. I'll be putting the check in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks, Bryan.

Bryan Young

Quote from: davem on September 18, 2019, 01:31:09 AM
If they're machined like the 400 series kits, they're going to be awesome. I'll be putting the check in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks, Bryan.
They are machined by Cortez Conversions for me.  They are awesome and precision made to tight tolerances.

Bryan Young

Inventory remaining...

Available - Black 13
                  Silver 16
                  Purple 19
                  Blue 17
                  Green 18

jjdbike

Hello Bryan,

I just sent you a PM about side plates and tuning my custom Newell 332 & 533.
I'd like red side plates for both if possible please.
If not, black would be fine too.
Please respond to my PM and let me know what next steps should be.
Thanks!
JD

Bryan Young

Hi JD,

Sorry. No red. Only the colors posted I the thread.

PM replied.

Thank you.

Bryan

jjdbike

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 29, 2019, 10:52:15 PM
Hi JD,

Sorry. No red. Only the colors posted I the thread.

PM replied.

Thank you.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan.

Black is fine.

Along w/ side pleates, also looking for service and potentially upgrades / mods.

I repied to you PM again about this.

Respectfully,
JD

Swami805

I bought a set of plates to add another in 332 size. I used a bridge from a 440 no letter so I'd have 2 dogs with an 8 tooth gear sleeve so they would alternate.I attached a metal washer to the gear sleeve ( Newell nut method)so could use Bryan's 5+1 drag kit  I used a graphite spool for good free spool. Bryan's kits are very well made, no real tweeking needed
Looking forward to getting it wet!!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

r8rs4lf

Nice job!

Sadly, my plates and narrow kit are still sitting on the shelf waiting to be assembled. Still looking for that right priced 300 series to start the build.