Peninsula Fishing Club - Huli Cat - rockcod/crab combo November 7, 2019

Started by Alans Buddy, September 16, 2019, 02:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoseCuervo

Dominick

I'll still wear my patch.  I bought squid and baby octopus for bait.  I'll also be giving ling cod catching lessons.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Agreed!!!

Best stand in line for Big Tim's first lecture on catching 6" lingcods!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

JoseCuervo

Is braid good to go on the HuliCat? Some outfits won't allow it (Stagnaros).

Do they sell beer or anything on board? I need to be properly prepared.

;D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alans Buddy

Rob,

BYOB. IIRC you have that nice bucket/cooler/fishing stool.

Ben

JoseCuervo

Quote from: Alans Buddy on November 06, 2019, 08:01:14 PM
Rob,

BYOB. IIRC you have that nice bucket/cooler/fishing stool.

Ben

Ahh, Ben, you remember well. That is the venerable Sit and Fish bucket by Frabill. Mine is old and works well. The new ones are not as user friendly, per Amazon comments. I have had that at least 20 years. It gets heavy loaded with brewskies, that is for sure.

I'll bring it.  8)

https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-1600-Sit-N-Fish-Bucket-160024/dp/B000EYWBCW/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=sit+and+fish&qid=1573070961&s=sports-and-fitness&sr=1-4

GOOD IDEA WITH TERRIBLE EXECUTION
January 5, 2018
Verified Purchase

Really disappointing. Very good idea, and seemed like an affordable option for an insulated bucket, but terrible execution. The top is WAY too hard to get off. I had to use a flathead screwdriver to pry off the lid. The description also gives the impression that the bucket itself is insulated -- but it isn't. Its a large, standard material bucket, with a smaller and separate styrofoam container inside. A gas station styrofoam cooler would accomplish the same thing for a lot less cash. <-- BUTT, you can't sit on those.

jon_elc

JoseCuervo

Alans Buddy

Thank you all for making it a great event!

I think everyone pretty much had limits of rockfish.
The crab pots were stuffed.
I'm not sure how many pots were pulled to get 260 + crab but I think it was less than 10. The first pot had 46.

David Hall

Perfect weather cool and overcast, no wind and flat calm seas.  Fantastic people to fish with all around.  The only disagreements were about the size of the fish that got away.
Thank you Penninsula fishing club and Ben especially for bringing us all together for another awesome day on the water.

El Pescador

And if Ben allows me to add my few photos, we'll start now!

If I can summarize the day, it was FANTASTIC and just damn too quick for me!!!

We left the harbor at 6:30 AM, had a few usual stragglers, late on time,

LIMITED OUT of Rockfish and Lingcod by 10 AM - let me say that again, LIMITED OUT by 10 AM :o

Geared up for pulling in Crab Pots - LIMITED OUT of 10 crabs per person in 6 POTS pulled,

and back at the Harbor by 1:03 PM.

Man, I was back home, gear cleaned up and watching Oprah at 4 PM!!!   Kidding!!!  Oprah doesn't do daytime TV anymore.

Enjoy.

Dominick loading up on HOT coffee

Darth Vader or Alan????   You in here???

Dominick on the first drop.

the Hulicat is a very organized and clean boat - as charter boats go.

Come on Ben!!!!   THAT CAUGHT on a Jon Vadney Rod!!!!

And if I may, let me say THANK YOU to BEN for putting this day's event together.  It always takes ONE person, and in this case, one GUY - BEN to set the date, get a signup list going, COLLECT THE MONEY $$$ - I know this is the most difficult part of the planning, and schedule the date with a charter boat capt. - again, from my heart and all the rest of the days' attendee's - TO  YOU BEN!!!   THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Here is Alan, Hulicat Boat Capt. Tom and Ben,

All onboard received this "rod to rail" Bungie cord holder as a participation gift from Mr. El Pescador (Jennifer) - God bless that woman!!!

My Big BIG lingcod for the day.

THE BIG Lingcod for the day!  Nice one!

Here goes Dominick thinking again...   a better-designed reel handle for his Penn 310!  AND it worked well.

Our leftover fish carcasses made for crab pot bait - NOTHING is wasted.

What a great day on the water!!!

Getting the Crab Pot line hook set up ready.

HERE comes the first crab pot haul!!!  The guy ahead of me in the orange slickers was on board ONLY for the Crab - he brought NO Rockfishing gear NONE :o

First Pot was FULL with 46 Keeper Crab - nothing was undersize.

Our daily limit of Crab- done and heading back to the Harbor.

WOW!!!   Back at the harbor at 1 PM - it was almost surreal being back that early.

Heading home - Dominick has arranged a Crab, Rockfish and Lingcod SPECIAL dinner for Saturday nite.   Stay tuned for those photos!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!