Peninsula Fishing Club - Huli Cat - rockcod/crab combo November 7, 2019

Started by Alans Buddy, September 16, 2019, 02:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

Don, or donnyboat

jon_elc

El Pescador

If I may, let me wrap up this post with photos of our dinner last night.  Returning home from the day of Crab & Rockfish/Lingcod fishing, Dominick and I dropped off all our fish, for both us, plus 5 plump Dungeness Crabs each at a local Asian restaurant.  We planned to return on Saturday nite for a delicious meal for all to enjoy.  I'll let the photos do the talking...

Here, is Dominick's food entry:  Pressed Duck!!!  It was delicious, rich tasting and mild duck flavor - I'll let Dominick explain what all he did to prepare this part of the meal.

AND... here comes the food!

AND Let the dinner begin!  Linda's Daughter, Linda, and Dominick: fisherman Extraordinaire!

Lingcod and braised celery.

Whole Steamed Rockfish - for me this was the HIT of the night!!!

Braised Cabbage - This alone, with steamed rice and tea - I'd be set.

Here is Lisa, Linda, Dominick, Jim - Chef and restaurant owner, and his two invited guests and Jennifer, all enjoying ourselves.

Jennifer and me,

We all went home with several FULL containers of what will be our Sunday lunch!!!

BUTT, of course, Dominick and Jacques -  they have known each other for 35 years!!!   Jacques is an expert boat mechanic and repair guy - You have boat issues, call Jacques.

What a GREAT NIGHT all because Dominick and I decided to go fishing.

You want a great time, plan out a fishing day and GO FISHING!!!!!

Until next time...

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Look at the shocked look on my wife's face, now that is funny.   ;D ;D Jim and Janice are the restaurant owners (Toa Yuen) in the Laurelwood Shopping Center.  They are great friends and hosts.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

I can't believe I just saw this thread...great fishin' fellas! Wayne...did you get to use the little 109? Looks like those Lingcod might be a handfull for the little guy.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

El Pescador

Quote from: mo65 on November 24, 2019, 02:35:29 PM
 ... Wayne...did you get to use the little 109? Looks like those Lingcod might be a handfull for the little guy.

MO-meister!

Did not.  REELY had no time that day, we fished for ONLY 2 1/2 hours.  Less than 3 hours and we all limited out on our 10 Rockfish and 2 Lingcod.

PLAN on bringing it on our Dec. 14 Crab & Rockfish combo day.  

Your reel sits on my workbench, and I give it a spin or two each day just to enjoy the easy of turning.  You've done a nice job with this reel.

BUTT back to the subject, I plan on spooling it up for using it for a few drops for MONSTER Lingcod.  But casually, it is the DIRECT DRIVE handle spinning that has me concerned.   Dropping a 10 oz. jig 240 feet into the cold Pacific waters, all the time having the oversized PENN 24-310 handle spinning right next to my hand, well, let's see if I don't end up in the ER for the day!!!!! ;D

Watch for that post on Dec. 15!!!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mo65

Quote from: El Pescador on November 24, 2019, 03:41:07 PM
BUTT back to the subject, I plan on spooling it up for using it for a few drops for MONSTER Lingcod.  But casually, it is the DIRECT DRIVE handle spinning that has me concerned.   Dropping a 10 oz. jig 240 feet into the cold Pacific waters, all the time having the oversized PENN 24-310 handle spinning right next to my hand, well, let's see if I don't end up in the ER for the day!!!!! ;D

Yes indeed...you'l want to keep those fingers out of the way on the drop. It's like my ol' shop teacher in school used to say..."and remember boys, fingers don't grow back!"  :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Wayno, that's what your thumb is for.  Wear gloves.  Hey wait??? Is this a spinning reel?  Don't put your thumb in there.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.