Early morning start

Started by gstours, September 17, 2019, 03:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As the weekend usually makes it crowded and crazy on the docks,  I thought of you folks and how peaceful it can be.  Thanks, and enjoy 😉.

gstours

The best part of my day is in the mornings,  then the work starts,  and I get tired 😓.  Got dinner.
     Can somebody send us some more salmon pictures?   It's about time?🎣

steelfish

whatta great way to start the day

thanks for the pics Gus
The Baja Guy

Crow

Looks like a great place to be !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Great pictures Gary. God's country for sure !!

.....and love that hooknose coho !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Yes sir...that place is awesome...great fish Gary! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

Thanks for sharing your pictures.    It's seems that you Washington , Oregon, folks might chime in?
     Up here we had a fairly poor return o f native salmon  runs.....
   In the mI'm,   Is who's caring for our resources,?  That's my worries.
         Money is the root evil ...............

Maxed Out

Yes, we've had poor coho returns this year in Washington and very restricted coho openings. About 20 years ago we had same thing happen. Very small run and fish were mostly long and skinny(4-6#). Ocean conditions have improved and hope to see much bigger runs in the near future

Steve-O

A bit further south from you Gary.. Prince of Wales is having a fantastic Coho return. Decent size and lots of 'em.

I just got back from my annual trip...#22 to AK...20th year to POW. Three 50# fish boxes was all I cared to bring home with me.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Dominick

Good job Gary and Steve... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

Yeah...it was one of those weeks. 6 a day limit on Silvers aka Coho.

About 250 caught during the week. Plus Rockfish for Sushi making.

Donnyboat

Nice photos, Gary & Steve, thanks for posting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Maxed Out

Wow Steve, no wonder you're grinning like a Cheshire cat. I would be too.

Nice grade of fish also....love the pic of your limit for a day

Ted

Steve-O

Thanks guys!

Ted, yeah it's right close to 60 pounds...maybe mid to high 50's ...holding them up with plastic stringer clips and nylon rope....more of a grimacing grin than not. 

But yeah, I was pretty stoked the entire week like always.

Two days' limits makes 24 fillets which equals a full 50# fish box....times 6 days fishing.

So I get to cull anything too big, too small or dark. Chrome goes home is the adage for Salmon.

Then there's enough catch and release to give one nerve damage in the the right hand 3 fingers.

The numb is almost gone.