Ambassadeur 6000

Started by Calzone, September 20, 2019, 11:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calzone

Hi Guys,

I picked up this Ambassadeur 6000 reel from a garage sale for $40AUD and was chasing a schematic for it. Code on bottom of reel seat foot is 050212 21. Ive tried looking online but getting confused about which one it could be. I was told its at least 20 years old.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Cal

Calzone

thorhammer

oc1

Wouldn't that foot number mean it's from February 2005?
-steve

Calzone

Quote from: thorhammer on September 20, 2019, 02:07:41 PM
closer to 30 yo. Good reels.

Loaded it up with new line and had a flick with it today.....cant fault it. Its either been hardly used or really well looked after or both. Ill strip it down in a few weeks for a service before i head out on a fishing holiday up north.

BTW this site is awesome. Its given me the confidence to tackle any issue with my reels.

tincanary

Quote from: oc1 on September 20, 2019, 06:26:41 PM
Wouldn't that foot number mean it's from February 2005?
-steve
With that era of Abu, subtract 10 from the foot number and that's how you get the year.  So an 05 would've been produced in 1995. 

oc1

Thank you.  There's a lot of nuances.
-steve

tincanary

Quote from: Calzone on September 21, 2019, 02:15:05 PMBTW this site is awesome. Its given me the confidence to tackle any issue with my reels.

I agree.  I joined a little over a year ago completely wet behind the ears about reel repair.  I had an old Ambassadeur that was in need of service and wanted to tackle it myself and stumbled across this site.  My love of tinkering and the need to get that 5600AB going led to me doing reel repair as a side business in that short period of time.