Small Boat Fishing in Jamacia Bay NY

Started by mrbrklyn, September 20, 2019, 11:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

We had a solid day of fishing in our back yard of Jamaica Bay and these two guys fished in this little rig for about 6 hours.  I can't imagine sitting still for that much time.  This is not quite a Kayaak.

oldmanjoe

:)  That looks pretty good for tandem  ,peddle drives height seats .   
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oc1

Nice boat.  What's that net under the left leg of the guy in front?
-steve

Gobi King

wow, these guys have stamina, sitting in that position is torture, I mean I can't even do it in my yoga class.

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oc1

Quote from: mrbrklyn on September 22, 2019, 03:53:49 PM
My guess is that is live bait, peanut bunker, which was heavey through out Jamaica Bay that week.  Aside from where do you go to the bathroom for 6 hours, and how do you prevent clamps, how do you avoid being eaten by blue fish?
Thank you.
Pee in a cup and wash it overboard.

Quote from: Gobi King on September 22, 2019, 07:46:16 PM
wow, these guys have stamina, sitting in that position is torture, I mean I can't even do it in my yoga class.
I agree.  A boat that puts my heels eight inches below my behind is much more comfortable.  But still, I can only last about three hours.
-steve

Three se7ens

Thats a nice kayak (hobie compass duo).  A good friend of mine use one of those solo to guide from.  Leaves a ton of room up front for a baitwell and fish cooler. 

They are surprisingly comfortable.  I can easily spend 6-8 hours in my hobie outback without hurting, and have covered nearly 20 miles in a trip before. 

Benni3

Looks like a nice set up,,,,it's better to fight the wind with two,,,,,, ;D

Dominick

I rather sit in a fighting chair and drink a cold Corona while soaking bait.  :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Quote from: Dominick on September 23, 2019, 03:27:54 PM
I rather sit in a fighting chair and drink a cold Corona while soaking bait.  :D  Dominick

And getting your chest burnt from the open Hawaiaian shirt!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Dominick on September 23, 2019, 03:27:54 PM
???     They are sitting in the fighting chair , and the Corona `s are in the blue coolers  ;D ;D
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare