It is getting close

Started by Keta, September 27, 2019, 02:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

The trip is getting close.  I thought I would have to bail out due to a nail caused msssive infection in my foot but my doctor nuked it with large doses of 2 powerful antibiotics.  It is still swollen and painful but the infection is under control now.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hardy Boy

Thank god it was your foot and not your face ............................. could have ended your modelling career !  ;D, Feel better and have fun.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Keta

It might have helped my face but I wasn't lip walking.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gobi King

Ouch, in grown nail?

But his foot modelling career might be on pause for a while.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Crow

Us "older types" have to be extra careful about infection, it seems. I guess an "older" immune system isn't as good as "it used to be' :-\. I picked up a thorn in my hand, a few weeks ago...plucked it out, as I always do...stuck a band aid on it, and forgot all about it , until the "red streak" started running up my finger !  So, Doctor visit, and , as you say, some "high octane" drugs !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

MarkT

It's closer for me.  I leave Sunday on my Phenix 10 day on the Excel!  I'll be back before you go with some tips on what worked... and didn't.  Keep taking those antibiotics Lee!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Have a safe and productive trip Mark.

The bottom of my boots always have some kind of manure on them, this time it was chicken.  The nail was a ring nail too.

Mark Twain

Tom McKinney

"Got to get on the good foot!"

(James Brown always sings with an exclamation point.)

Keta

Mark Twain

Porthos

These are the nails that you should have been dealing with:

...nail knots that is.

100 lb hollow core connection on the 100 lb Izorline mono top shot side.

Two "nubs," about 1.75" apart, with nail knots to "lock" down the hollow core. Two consecutive nail knots on the hollow core tag end.

Same configuration on the opposite end of the hollow core to the 100 lb ProSpec Metered.

TWELVE nail knots total. Glue on all as the last step.

swill88

Lee, I have seen ugly feet.

YOU, have ugly feet!

I'm happy for you for going on the SOA.

Easy does it.

Steve

Keta

Mark Twain

Crow

So glad you're getting...and feeling...better, Lee !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gobi King

oh man, I am guessing you are not going a few rounds with Jean Claude VanDam any time soon.

Get better soon Lee!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Keta

Quote from: Crow on October 06, 2019, 01:00:43 PM
So glad you're getting...and feeling...better, Lee !

I have been on 4 different oral antibiotics and 3 IV ones over the last 2 weeks, healing but not "feeling better".  I am currently on only 2 oral ones but still feel like crap from them.

Mark Twain