Comexus handle knob issues

Started by Smols, September 28, 2019, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smols

Does anyone have experience with this Gomexus brand knob? This is what appeared to be a nice aftermarket product on-line (and it looks like it will be after purchasing some parts). Included were three bearings (one more than necessary), some attachment screws that are inadequately small, several small bushings that do not fit the shaft and some bigger spacers, but most of these parts will not work for my installation. I will need one ss screw with a much larger head and at least one ss washer that will fit tightly around the base of the knob shaft. I may be able to find what I need at the hardware store, but probably not. May need to try to find these online.

alantani

not familiar with these at all, but the hardware will most certainly be metric and may be available at your local hardware store.  if not, most certainly on line!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Smols

Thanks, Alan. I was able to pick up two washers that will suffice for now. Not ideal because the one on the screw side of the arm is a bit big for the diameter of the screw, but will work ok until I can either find a correct size washer or screw with a bigger head. This knob feels good.

conchydong

I got a great deal on e.bay for one and put it on my Squidder using a aftermarket blank. Same problem, same solution. It is a nice reel handle though.

mike1010

Local hardware stores:  Ace Hardware carries a surprisingly large variety of specialty fasteners.  Might be worth a shot.

Fishy247

I got one of those from the bay myself, for my Trinidad. I had the same hardware issues. I really like the knob though and would wholeheartedly recommend it! I have the EVA one. Broke it in on a skipjack earlier this month....

RowdyW

I've bought a few on ebay and ran into the problem with not having the correct washers in the kit. The last one I bought had bearings half the size I needed. I contacted the seller but it took over a month to get the correct bearings. He finally had to send me a complete knob and assembly because they don't have any parts inventory. Very nice knobs though. They will work with the customer but it takes forever from China after waiting a month for the initial delivery and then another month for the correct parts.            Rudy

Tiddlerbasher

I keep a stash of repair washers for just such an occasion, like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-ASSORTED-PIECE-A2-STAINLESS-STEEL-PENNY-REPAIR-WASHERS-M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-KIT/202245956262?hash=item2f16cc62a6:g:dO4AAOSwJhdZiYlL

If you wish to change the screw it will be a metric size. IIRC the last Gomexus handle I installed was a standard M3.
They are nice handles :)