JC Higgins service?

Started by Jeffro, September 29, 2019, 10:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffro

Anyone knowledgeable about a JC Higgins model 311.3137??

Friend gave me a pile of old Penns to overhaul which I'm proficient at but a Higgins was thrown in the mix which I have no experience with.
Took it apart, ultrasonic cleaned everything, too many days have gone by and now I'm lost on reassembly starting with how the eccentric and spring go in.  The jack visually covered them during disassembly and I removed them as one piece.  Anyplace I could ship this guy to for assembly and possibly better drags?  I know it must have an Ocean City equivalent but haven't found much info.
Thx!

Midway Tommy

A couple of photos would sure help. Can't contribute much other than it was made by OC. That model kind of reminds me of one of the OC Angeleno models. Do you know a size or yardage capacity? Maybe Mike C will come along and recognize a similarity.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

This might help in case you haven't seen it.  There is a reasonably clear shot of the eccentric spring beginning about 6:00.

-steve

Jeffro

Thanks guys.  Internet pic of it looks like so.  Video was helpful, appears like my spring has a bend to go into the hole instead of a flat arm butting against the sideplate as in the vid... I tried it that way but couldn't "load" the eccentric.  Hopefully I got it, we'll see.  On to figuring the rest out!