Shimano Talica 8 2-speed sometimes slips when engaged?

Started by Drisse, February 27, 2020, 12:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi there, I need help with a problem om My Shimano Talica 8 2-speed. Sometimes when I fish and the reel is engaged the reel slips and its like freespool with the lever at strike. Then I have to struggle a few times with the lever up and down and suddenly it works like normal. And of course when you try to figure out what the problem is at home it never happens. Had it open a couple of times. Everything looks ok for the eye and is oiled/greased.

alantani

Sounds like the gears are slipping on the cross pin. You might fine burrs on the cross pin or gears that you can file down.  Otherwise you are looking at a new gear set, cross pin and possibly a drive shaft.    :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Drisse

Thanks Alan. I will have an extra close look on the parts you mentioned.

boon

Talica 2-speed has no instant anti-reverse, just dual silent AR dogs against a ratchet gear attached to the pinion/drive adaptor thing. You could take the entire drive gear assembly out of the reel and you would still have anti-reverse ;)

Unfortunately there's a chance you've damaged the hex on the right side plate that holds the drag cam - see Alan's post in the "warnings" section about the smaller Saltiga lever drag reels, same problem. Other possibility is the cam itself is damaged. Disassemble the drag lever bit and make sure all the parts look happy.

alantani

crud, forgot about that.  yeah, first thing to do is pull out the leaf spring dogs and squeeze the "leaves" together tighter, then lube the posts that the dogs ride on, and then reassemble and see how it works.  the "dog" problem is much more likely!!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!