Rasta Super Jigmaster

Started by Yogi_fish808, September 24, 2019, 08:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

That's  a really neat picture !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

Ah ha! That's it. A "rub line". I've been reef-rubbed in the last month about 5 times. Gettin bit by slow trolling mostly ~ 5" Blue-green snappers. Thought they were Great Barracudas, cause that's what the divers were seeing out there near Akule bait balls. Whatever they were, they were too heavy to control with Jiggy 30 - 40 lb. rigs. So I gave up, not liking the idea of leaving hooks & long leaders in 'em. My ego was sayin "They can't beat me every time!, just land one for catch & release, use a wire leader if you gotta".
The rub line is mono. right?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: Gfish on September 25, 2019, 03:27:45 PM
Ah ha! That's it. A "rub line". I've been reef-rubbed in the last month about 5 times. Gettin bit by slow trolling mostly ~ 5" Blue-green snappers. Thought they were Great Barracudas, cause that's what the divers were seeing out there near Akule bait balls. Whatever they were, they were too heavy to control with Jiggy 30 - 40 lb. rigs. So I gave up, not liking the idea of leaving hooks & long leaders in 'em. My ego was sayin "They can't beat me every time!, just land one for catch & release, use a wire leader if you gotta".
The rub line is mono. right?

Yes Gfish rubline is mono, 8-15' depending on the grounds. My connection from main to rubline is a 3 turn spider hitch, braided double line to 10 turn Albright. For shallow water 80-120lb, 200-300lb for deep water slide bait.

Gfish

Thanks, Kyle. Great info. Actually, the last one was on a 113H tank, still no control. I lost my 20 ft. mono. leader and ?ft. of braid after 30 sec. of clicker screaming, kayak towing fun, before I started feelin that awful intermittent reef rub. Just not ethical to keep tryin when you're undergunned. "I'll be back".
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!