Salt-and-pepper Lingcod

Started by jon_elc, October 03, 2019, 05:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon_elc

I got this recipe off the internet.  You can do this with rockcod, too.

fillets of lingcod (fish from Dominic and Alan, filleted by me) 

recipe calls for 1 1/2 lbs fish
batter: 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 cup flour (i used all-purpose, but cake flour makes it more airy or something)
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 egg whites lightly beat or whipped
ice cold water

fry some sliced garlic in your oil, remove and put in a large mixing bowl with alot of salt, pepper and sliced jalapeño.  1 used 1 jalapeño but it was about 2 lbs of fish, so next time i will use 2-3 jalapeños.

batter the fish and fry in oil (should be at least 375F or the batter will be greasy), then set on a rack in the oven on low temp to keep it warm (put a tray underneath to catch any oil dripping)

toss the fried fillets in the large mixing bowl with the salt pepper garlic jalapeño. 

plate and serve!!  i made a small bowl of salt pepper garlic (no jalapeños) for the keiki.

jon_elc

sorry, i just made these pics in a layout format.. is it better?

Crow

That looks pretty, darn GOOD !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bryan Young

looks delicious.  my family loves Chinese style salt and pepper cod.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jon_elc

Apparently my kid liked it as well.  Actually asked me this week to make it again.  Never eats it at the restaurant, since we get it with the jalapeƱo peppers.   ;D

But the next time I'm going to make Fried Fish Fillet with Cream Corn Sauce.  One of our favorites and I've never made it before.

alantani

Gotta come out fishing with us again!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Yea that looks good and has me missing some Lingcod, and Dungies for some reason.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

jon_elc

ChileRelleno

Damn, that all looks lip smacking good!
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Marc Fong

Dang that looks good. Made me hungry, again.

Dominick

I'm on it.  I will do this the next bunch of ling.  I usually depend on my local Chinese restaurant to do the salt and pepper thing.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jon_elc

I edited the post for the measurements and stuff.   Dominick, can't wait to see yours!

jon_elc

made this with rock cod, not ling this time

ChileRelleno

Dang'it man, you're playing me along with those Jalapenos... Mmmm!
And the Bok Choy too, oh yeah.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."