Jon's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Started by jon_elc, October 04, 2019, 02:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon_elc

OK, well i've heard that in baking you have to be precise.  maybe for the dry ingredients you do. i'm specific for the dry ingredients measurements

set oven to bake at 350F

dry ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

whisk these together in a large mixing bowl

wet:
1/4 cup oil (i use vegetable or canola)
3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork (like brown-black, leaky ones that have been in the fridge for a week past when you would eat them)
2 extra large or jumbo eggs, beaten (i prefer jumbo, the bread comes out moister)

add these to the flour sugar mixture and mix with a spoon or spatula.

mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips. semi-sweet or milk chocolate

mix together.  I butter the pyrex loaf pan.

scoop in the batter and then since the chocolate chips sink in the batter, i scatter a handful of chocolate chips on the top.  bake for about 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick is clean.  

you'll have to wait about 2 hrs for the finished pics, 1 hr bake and then cool down time before we cut into it.
WHY AM I IN THE RECIPES SECTION SO MUCH!

jon_elc

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

bhale1

That looks delicious ;D.....I dont bake, but I might be able to pull that one off!
Brett

jon_elc

Quote from: bhale1 on October 04, 2019, 01:01:41 PM
That looks delicious ;D.....I dont bake, but I might be able to pull that one off!
Brett

this is the easiest baking from scratch that you'll do.  the most important baking lesson, in my opinion, is measuring flour.  you can't use the measuring cup to scoop the flour.  this will pack more flour in your measuring cup than the recipe calls for.  use a different scoop in the flour and drop the scoops of flour into your measuring cup, so that the flour is slightly like a mound over the edge of the measuring cup.  then use the back of a butter knife or other flat edge to scrape the excess flour off the measuring cup.  you will have a perfectly measured amount of flour for a more consistent batch-to-batch success.

key message: do not pack a cup of flour. 

ps:  the ladies LOVE this banana bread   ;D

xjchad

Quote from: jon_elc on October 04, 2019, 07:02:53 PM
ps:  the ladies LOVE this banana bread   ;D

My lady hates bananas though  :D

More for me!  ;D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Dominick

Don't bring any on Alan's boat.  No banana zone.  Don't even eat a banana for 24 hrs before fishing with the Bosso.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jon_elc

I've heard that, no bananas on boats.  My kid wouldn't even let me take a loaf with me, unless i made 2 and left 1 with her anyways.   ;D 

It's that good, guys.  Someone make one and tell me if it's as good as we think it is...

jon_elc

well, since I have to shelter-in-place, time to put this baby in the oven

Alto Mare

Very nice Jon! Nothing wrong with a treat every once in a while.
Enjoy it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.