Summer is waking.

Started by gstours, October 05, 2019, 03:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

We have lows in the 30, s now and high temperatures about 50 f.   Actually quite comfortable.

gstours

For where we live our coho salmon was a poor return.  I failed to put much effort into it, then you got only so much time, weather,, and other things to do.
   Thanks again for being part of the forum.   More soon.

David Hall

Gary.  Coho has not been open in Monterey Bay since before the dozen years I've been fishing it, although this year seemed, (to me at least) to have a higher Coho bycatch than previous years at least there Was more chatter on the vhf with respect to that. Of the 45 or so fish I was part of catching none was a Coho and none were farmed, all adipose fins intact.  I am not expecting DF&W to open a season for them here anytime soon, Probably not in my lifetime anyway.
  We did however have the best King season that I have personally enjoyed, and Imissed out on all of July and most of August and September, it's still open in the bays north until end of October so I'm hoping to get one more day in. 
I decided to replace a couple cracked raw water system hoses.  I wouldn't have thought it would be so challenging to find 16" of 1-1/4"  Hardwall hose but I was skunked! I probably burned up 1/4 tank of gas chasing around for one before I gave up and called my harbor Chandlery.  It's a two hour drive round trip but they'll have the hose by 0900 Monday morning and my online retailers would take a week at least.
As for the rest of my summer months,
If I may quote Dickens,
" It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."
I would much rather be fishing.

54bullseye

Temperature in Charlton Mass at 4 am this morning was 32 degrees out side and 56 degrees inside just lit the living room pellet stove for second time this fall.     John Taylor

Steve-O

And we're having similar weather down here....except I'm standing on terra firma at about the same altitude at which that airplane is flying. :D

gstours

Sorry about the title of my post.  I meant to say waning.   Butt it's ok.  It's just about hunting season and then we will have winter 🥶.
   Here's a picture of where we have goat hunted and in a few weeks it will be white and slippery.
Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts.  Have a good time whatever you get to do.