Tica team stl16n

Started by Gobi King, October 05, 2019, 04:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

I picked up the tica lever drag at a really good price to troll on the great lakes to polish my trolling skills without losing expensive makairas

The other attraction was that it is  a left hand reel

My finger scale says drags around 20 pounds
I get about seven seconds of Freespool
I cracked open one side and here is a quick look
The bearing was greased  but rest of it  was dry
I quickly brushed some Yamaha on the metallic parts
And add a few drops of TSI
To the bearing

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Rothmar2

I've got a couple of them, had them for some time.
Get plenty of grease in the clicker engage/disengage mechanism, the metal is soft and can wear to the point that it won't function properly.
Remove the handle from the crank sleeve and get plenty of grease in the threads that hold them together, the shaft sleeve is actually not very thick, and I have snapped the thread off one one reel. There are two very small ball bearings inside the handle sleeve, that will need protecting. I also had the handle shaft work loose from the crank arm, as the crank ally is quite soft.
I now have only one useful reel from two.

nelz

I have an older model one of these. On yours, does the drag adjustment knob click?

On mine it does not, and with this model the drag setting slowly creeps back as you crank. Later models added a click to the knob, don't know if that resolved the issue. I "jerry-rigged" mine to keep the knob static.

With that issue fixed, I love this reel. The dual-disk carbon fiber drag is amazing!