Seahawk stable

Started by milne, October 13, 2019, 03:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

I've had a great weekend !.
First time in a while I could stay home and tinker.
Thought I would post this here, a follow on from the 33 Seahawk in "just how you find them" section.
I finished off the 33 clean up and as I was in the mood, grabbed my other Seahawks that I'd purchased some time back and hadn't opened up.

A big shout out to Mo, I used his method of cleaning the chrome ware, using a dab of dishwashing liquid and a dob of baking soda,
Came up a treat. A couple of the internals had some real stubborn backed on grease, a soaking loosened it some what, but wouldn't take it all off.
SO, made up a paste of the "Mo" special, and grabbed the tooth brush,,, and I gotta say, that's my new go to method now.  A rinse off under the tap and a dry off, showed every last bit of caked on grease and grime was gone. A much much easier way in my opinion of doing the internal scrubbing.
Anyways, as mentioned, really enjoyed my day tinkering with the reels......
Below, the Seahawk stable so far.
Left to right,  The 33 model,  then the 34 on, 4 post maroon 250yd, Then the 37 - 3 post black 250 yd, finally the 38 on 150 yd model.
No 300 yd model yet, so still a few to try and get.

Col

54bullseye

Looking good Col !!!  You have a great collection going !  Keep it up.  John Taylor

Crow

That's a great line-up, Col !!  And a great job on shinning them up, too!!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

Quote from: milne on October 13, 2019, 03:56:54 AM
A big shout out to Mo, I used his method of cleaning the chrome ware, using a dab of dishwashing liquid and a dob of baking soda,
Came up a treat. A couple of the internals had some real stubborn backed on grease, a soaking loosened it some what, but wouldn't take it all off.
SO, made up a paste of the "Mo" special, and grabbed the tooth brush,,, and I gotta say, that's my new go to method now.  A rinse off under the tap and a dry off, showed every last bit of caked on grease and grime was gone. A much much easier way in my opinion of doing the internal scrubbing.

Those reels look super Col! I'm glad my simple cleanup method worked for you.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~