Penn 714z Handle

Started by TRS, September 16, 2019, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRS

I'm looking for a handle for my 714z, the reel recently made its way back to me after almost 20 years of being "lost" but unfortunately the shaft of the handle was snapped.  Ideally it would be in the original black/gold, but I understand there may be a silver/white handle that would fit.  This site is incredible, I wish I would have found it sooner, not a professional but I enjoy repairing old reels and returning them to active duty.  I really like giving an old Mitchel to youngsters frustrated with the poor performance of thier modern mid priced reel and the look of surprise when they find out the reel is 30 or more years old and all I did in most cases was replace a bail spring and clean it.
They call it fishing, not catching

wfjord

The silver/white handle specific to the green 714 spinfisher will work, but may be even harder to find than the gold one. The best bet is to check ebay daily until an acceptable gold and black handle for a 714Z eventually pops up (part # 15-714z).  With those old spinfishers I personally think it's better to have the handle color specific to the reel model.  I have a bunch of those spinfishers, but no extra handle.

Check your personal messages for a link to a possible source.