Finally pouring some octopus-jig heads

Started by gstours, October 07, 2019, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks to the many contributions made on this topic I finally got a couple of testing jigs made for a late halibut trip a couple of folks are planning.  These are 12 oz, and balanced correctly it seems.
   I have had some problems with the first couple of pours.  Butt it's a long time coming.

Crow

Looks good to me...and I bet the fish think so, to !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Hardy Boy

Nothing wrong with that Gary ! The only thing I do differently is put the skirt on the jig head itself ................. I'm sure it will work great either way. I add a thin piece of salmon shin or thin stip of octo on the hook and the large single hook really gets em good with great solid hook ups with not many ever shaking off.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

gstours

Thanks,  I wanna try to paint 🎨 some with different colors other than natural octopus 🐙 butt don't really know why.   The skirt on backwards was in my planning butt  pictures will follow.
  The locals up here are very partial to the kodiak jig.  These are usually black with an articulated skirt and double j hooks.   

gstours

These are steel clones to the kodiak jig. About 9 oz,  in the rough.
   When I can do shallow water or slack tiny tides this is in the works.
We put the boy pictured to work with one prototype as he had lots of energy a little while ago.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

gstours

Playing with some paint schemes for near future.  Here's a peek.  Lots of variables.
    It also looks like rain.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Thanks, and rainy weather is great for indoor fishing stuff. 
   The cat could care.🙋‍♂️🐙☔️

gstours

Got some more painting done ✅. Butt now it's sunny again. 

Newell Nut

Gary, your post are always very interesting and entertaining. Thanks

Dwight

boon

The speckled/mottled finish looks great.

Over the last season in our local waters I did really well with black Kabura sliders (also look like a little octopus in the water) in depths over about 150ft. Might be worth a try?