Blurry Photobucket posts

Started by Cuttyhunker, October 08, 2019, 03:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Photo bucket has blurred out many of the pics on long time threads. Some will never be resurrected, as some members are no longer with us. My favorite thread of all time has basically been destroyed by photo bucket....very sad.

Pictures tell a thousand words, especially when dealing with antique reels and teardown tutorials. I clicked on "Penn senators from the beginning" and was very sad to see pics from Ray Hodges are blurred. He posted pics of many rare reels from his collection. I've used his pics for reference many times, but those days are gone. I really miss Ray, and now photobucket is erasing his legacy, along with many others who have so generously added their wisdom to this forum. I've never used photo bucket, and never will. RIP Ray Hodges

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Cuttyhunker

Newell,
This is what I see when I look at the first post of Penn Reels as you find them thread
Doomed from childhood

festus

As Gobi King advised us earlier, use Mozilla Firefox as your browser and install the Photobucket fix, and the photos will become unblurred.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

I was having the same problem with blurred pics this morning but got it resolved.

Cuttyhunker

Tried the add on and got this........
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bob
Doomed from childhood

broadway

Anyone know how it's done using safari?
Thanks
Dom

nelz

Bob, is that a Mac you're using? If so, you have to get all add-ons only from the Apple store, otherwise, problems.

Dom, same goes for you. If it's not in the Apple store, then it's not available for Safari.

philaroman

this is fairly new/recent PB nastiness -- correct?

may take a couple weeks for Crome/Fox to update their add-ons

day0ne

I've got a whole 12 pictures there and they say I'm over limit
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Cuttyhunker

Yes it is recent, I remember the opening photos of Superhook's "Penns as you find them" being sharp for on my screen.  Thanks for the Apple Store tip.  I could see the sense of photo storage sites when we had the smaller hard drives, but now the drives are huge, so why bother? 
Doomed from childhood

Gobi King

Cutty,
Maybe my link is expired, it seems the website is  saying the checksum (??) or dig sig is invalid,
just to to firefox's add on download page and search for it and download it please.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oc1

Quote from: Cuttyhunker on October 10, 2019, 08:59:35 AM
I could see the sense of photo storage sites when we had the smaller hard drives, but now the drives are huge, so why bother?  
Regardless of what's on your hard drive, you have to get the photo hosted somewhere on the internet for it to be available for others to see.  It can be a photo-sharing site like Photobucket, the AT Gallery, your own web site, etc.  But, even if you put your stuff on a photo-sharing site, you should still keep a copy on your personal hard drive so the pictures are not lost should one or the other of them go poof.
-steve

Cuttyhunker

Yep a Mac here, tried the embed fix for fox, chrome, opera, & safari all a no go here. Dom any luck? Dusting off the windows machine for a try on that platform.
Doomed from childhood

Cuttyhunker

FYI, on my Mac now using the Opera browser with the Photobucket fix installed has eliminated the blur, the Photbucket overlay however remains.
Doomed from childhood

Sonnett

The day Photobucket told me I had 30 days to pay them $400 or they would destroy my photos, I deleted them and ended my account. I now use Picture Trail on all forums. The first 20 pics are free. For $19 a year I have up to 500 available to post on forums. They also send me a weekly report telling me exactly how many views each photo has had during the week. It is easy to use and for me has been very reliable.

oc1

What is that?  The reel I mean.  Remarkable finish.
-steve