Multiple Trim Bands

Started by The Fishing Hobby, October 08, 2019, 06:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fishing Hobby

Here is another video that I uploaded today. It is a variation on the single trim band technique I posted yesterday. It probably looks a little more complicated on the video than it really is. Once you do this technique a few times, it is really quick and easy. It doesn't help having a camera blocking my view while I'm working, it slows things down a bit plus explaining it as I go slows everything down too.  ;D Doing it in real time doesn't take as long as it appears in the video so don't let that stop you from trying it out.
I hope this will be useful to someone!

-Kevin

happyhooker

Nice vid; results looked good; thanks for doing this.

Frank

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: happyhooker on October 08, 2019, 09:36:22 PM
Nice vid; results looked good; thanks for doing this.

Frank
Thanks Frank! I like trying to help people out as they get started. It is a fun hobby.

Donnyboat

Yes great vid, all helps cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

The Fishing Hobby

Cor

Learnt something about how to manage tag ends.
Thanks
Cornelis

Tiddlerbasher

Thank you for that Kevin. It's pretty much what I do (when I have to :D) - ageing hands don't help.

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: Cor on October 09, 2019, 05:03:29 AM
Learnt something about how to manage tag ends.
Thanks
Glad you found something useful!

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on October 09, 2019, 09:00:19 AM
Thank you for that Kevin. It's pretty much what I do (when I have to :D) - ageing hands don't help.

I figured someone else out there must be doing them this way, just hadn't seen anyone mention it!

Dominick

Another home run Kevin.  I was having problems with trim rings but this cleared it up.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: Dominick on October 10, 2019, 04:02:44 AM
Another home run Kevin.  I was having problems with trim rings but this cleared it up.  Dominick
Glad that it helped! How is your rod building coming along?

Dominick

Quote from: The Fishing Hobby on October 10, 2019, 11:14:12 AM
Quote from: Dominick on October 10, 2019, 04:02:44 AM
Glad that it helped! How is your rod building coming along?
I just built one for a Jewish friend of mine and put a metal Star of David on it.  Something in the metal created a lot of bubbles that I could not get out.  the finished product is cloudy.  I am thinking of scraping it all off and trying it again.  I am using Diamond ll which I don't like (it sets up too fast no matter the temperature).  I am going back to Flex Coat which I used before to better results.  What is the easiest way to remove rod finish, it is pretty thick at that point.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

The Fishing Hobby

Oh man, that is a bummer! The star looked great too! Here is how I remove epoxy. Unfortunately you'll have to redo the wrap. I really like Flexcoat. Works well and doesn't set too fast.