D.A.M. Quick Parts

Started by foakes, October 08, 2019, 07:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

While I may have the largest selection of NOS & used DAM Quick parts that I know of -- now there are a lot more.

Made a major purchase of about 600 pounds of vintage, but 99% new old stock DQ parts.  28 large boxes -- 38 smaller boxes.  The larger boxes weigh around 25 pounds -- the smaller ones around 5-6 pounds.  Each envelope of numbered parts has between 25 to 300 parts in each one.  

Then there are bodies, rotors, bails, cranks, spools, etc., etc. -- basically nearly every part for every series from the earliest up through the Champions & SL's.

I really do not know what all is in here -- just started to go through this morning.  

Add this to the 60,000 other DQ parts I already had -- and it is a fairly complete inventory.

My first loyalty has always been to members of our Ohana -- the Alan Tani site.

So, if you need any DQ parts -- or if I have told you in the past that the rarest parts are not available -- they should be available now.

Glad to help you, if possible.

Right now, I am refilling and replenishing the parts larders according to part numbers.

Sort of like Christmas morning for me.

Best,

Fred

PS -- Also found a complete shop repair manual of Heddon schematics, part numbers, and specs.  Lots of pages -- and won't have the time to post that many.  So we will figure out how to get the information out to some of you folks that enjoy the Heddons.

More parts and collections to come...

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

More photos...

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oc1

Fred, you never cease to amaze.
-steve

Crow

Way to go, Fred...you are one-of-a-kind !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

festus

600 more pounds of DAM Quick parts?  Fred, did you make a trip to Germany? The wonders never cease, I very seriously doubt anyone else in the world has more old stock DAM parts.

More good news with the Heddon shop repair manual.  With the help of our Heddon fans and ebay pics, we've almost solved the Heddon greenie mystery. Your schematics will be of great benefit.

mo65

Fantastic Fred! Champion and SL parts...that's great!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

happyhooker

Santa Claus, indeed, has come early.

Frank

philaroman

are you, now, master of the skirted 4-digits & conventionals, as well?

what's next -- original DAM manufacturing equipment? :o

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Tiddlerbasher

foakes

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on October 09, 2019, 12:31:27 AM
Fred - I am stunned :o

Yes, I am also, Chris --

The envelopes are so old that they sometimes disintegrate as you are opening them.

Started early this morning -- only managed to get (6) of the small boxes of parts envelopes into my master small parts system of pull-out organizers -- but all of the envelopes and bags have a part number -- so that is good.  Just went out to the outer shop to get another look at the parts -- and realized that there are literally hundreds and hundreds of complete cranks.  Same for spools, bodies, rotors, knobs, and every tiny part.

Hope that some of you can use some of these parts -- because I will never be able to use 10% of them in the next 100 years.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Ruffy

Amazing Fred! You will have to make sure there is an understudy of some kind in the future, those parts will see out most everyone here!

Quote from: foakes on October 09, 2019, 12:51:29 AM
Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on October 09, 2019, 12:31:27 AM
Hope that some of you can use some of these parts -- because I will never be able to use 10% of them in the next 100 years.

Brewcrafter

Midway Tommy

Nice haul Fred! I see you were even lucky enough to latch onto a few Zebco Cardinal parts & reels, too. Well done!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oldmanjoe

:o  That is some score of parts .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare