D.A.M. Quick Parts

Started by foakes, October 08, 2019, 07:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

I see an early tan spool in there too Fred...I can think of a few reels I have that would look killer with that spool. I bet you'll be busy for days sifting through all that treasure!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Quote from: mo65 on October 09, 2019, 02:57:22 PM
  I see an early tan spool in there too Fred...I can think of a few reels I have that would look killer with that spool. I bet you'll be busy for days sifting through all that treasure!

You have a sharp eye, Mike --

Thought I would keep those two old Penns just for display on the hall Penn shelfs.

The one with the tan spool is an 80 with no part numbers, Hershey clicker, 250 yds stamped on the stand.

No big deal likely -- but kind of unusual.

I will be organizing parts for a few days.  Was only able to clear (6) small boxes yesterday of DQ parts with 35 to 50 parts envelopes in each box into the numbered DQ organizers.

Got to step up the pace today -- since there is much to do.

I'll take photos of the other stuff before I store it away -- lots of surprises will be likely.  Don't have room in the upstairs shop for all of it.  So much of it will go out into the glassed in interior shop out in the main workshop.  

Got to get it organized pronto -- since I have been asked to dispose of a very old closed down tackle operation that has literally 100 times more parts than I am showing here.  All major brands.  I will be offering them and selling them in one lot each of the various brands.  No eBay, no Craiglist, strictly organized and numbered parts that will be sold each as a specific brand.  This will be for folks who know and need major inventory for their tackle operations -- whether they are just starting out -- or in business for years.

No breaking up of each brand -- all will be sold as separate complete lots.  If someone bought everything -- it would be in the range of 25K.  And they would have inventory that few, if any shops, have.

At current prices -- and evaluating the inventory -- this would be buying the parts for about a nickel on the dollar.

This wouldn't be for everyone -- but it would be of considerable interest to a couple of dozen professional, semi-professional, resellers, and folks just starting out who want a world class inventory in one shot -- without having to spend time and effort trying to get a few pieces at a time when needed.

There will also be a significant profit opportunity for folks on these parts.

I expect to sell it all within a short period of time -- haven't contacted any potential buyers yet -- but will start in the next few days.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Quote from: foakes on October 09, 2019, 04:00:21 PM
Got to step up the pace today -- since there is much to do.

Wish I wasn't so far away...I'd come over and give you a hand with this major undertaking.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

cnor 1313

Goodness what a glorius situation for us Quick lovers, and i saw a few cardinal parts or reels in the bunch.Good to see you are doing well during the situation ya'll are in,i have you and your neighbors in my prayers

scrinch

Amazing, Fred! You're never going to run out of things to do on a rainy day!

TJAndrews

Quote from: foakes on October 08, 2019, 07:46:32 PM
While I may have the largest selection of NOS & used DAM Quick parts that I know of -- now there are a lot more.

Made a major purchase of about 600 pounds of vintage, but 99% new old stock DQ parts.  28 large boxes -- 38 smaller boxes.  The larger boxes weigh around 25 pounds -- the smaller ones around 5-6 pounds.  Each envelope of numbered parts has between 25 to 300 parts in each one.  

Then there are bodies, rotors, bails, cranks, spools, etc., etc. -- basically nearly every part for every series from the earliest up through the Champions & SL's.

I really do not know what all is in here -- just started to go through this morning.  

Add this to the 60,000 other DQ parts I already had -- and it is a fairly complete inventory.

My first loyalty has always been to members of our Ohana -- the Alan Tani site.

So, if you need any DQ parts -- or if I have told you in the past that the rarest parts are not available -- they should be available now.

Glad to help you, if possible.

Right now, I am refilling and replenishing the parts larders according to part numbers.

Sort of like Christmas morning for me.

Best,

Fred

PS -- Also found a complete shop repair manual of Heddon schematics, part numbers, and specs.  Lots of pages -- and won't have the time to post that many.  So we will figure out how to get the information out to some of you folks that enjoy the Heddons.

More parts and collections to come...

I may take you up on that offer, after you've had a chance to sort and catalog your new treasures.

My original 331 came with two plastic spools, which are still in great shape, but the 331 and 330 that I purchased last year on eBay didn't come with extras. If you now have too many to store, I might be convinced into taking a couple of those spools off your hands...

No need for them before the 2020 season, though. Take plenty of time to evaluate your situation before we even think about it.

TJ

foakes

Quote from: philaroman on October 08, 2019, 10:01:37 PM

are you, now, master of the skirted 4-digits & conventionals, as well?

what's next -- original DAM manufacturing equipment? :o

I think "Master" is going a bit too far...maybe experienced "grasshopper" is more accurate.

However, there were some major surprises --

First, all parts are sorted, organized, numbered, repackaged, and stored away properly.  It took 3.5 days.

There were closer to 800 pounds of parts.

Plus, the biggest surprise was how complete this inventory was -- covering around 40 years & including (11) series of reels.

The entire upper inside shop is filled to the brim with easily accessible parts ranging from the earliest series of S.W. 68's to the Super, Finessa, Junior, 248, 238, 110-550, and 110N-550N.  These are reels I work on and restore primarily.  The organizers are full.  Even the toughest to find small parts that were impossible to find before, at any price -- now have multiples ranging from 80 to 300.  Examples are bail springs, trip levers, drags, bodies, rotors, and basically EVERY part of the reel -- all numbered and ordered.

In the outer glassed in reel shop within the main workshop -- are all of the other complete parts...

This includes all series starting at the 4 digit Champions (00, 01, 02), SL's, Clippers, and surprise -- even the conventional ABU type baitcasters of 145# parts --

Basically, nearly every number in the DQ shop manual from 1950 - 1990, is represented -- from the tiniest screws and C-clips to frames.

Just the tiny small parts for the later types of reels filled a 60 drawer library organizer.

The other 60 drawer library organizer is filled with new exterior parts -- frames, rotors, cranks, bails, badges, sideplates -- larger parts.

Spools are now at eight 27 quart full crates -- many of the more popular spools are still in short supply, though.

Here is just the last 42 drawers tiny small parts that were put away late yesterday -- all numbered.  Most range from a few dozen to 300.

So, if anyone needs some parts to freshen up that old DQ reel -- or if you wish for me to do the work.  

Just let me know -- parts should be fine.  

With what I had before -- Current DQ inventory might be estimated at 185,000 parts -- if every tiny spring and screw were added together.

There were many other surprises -- but no room for those tales now -- this post is too long as is...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

You're obviously a VERY organized person, Fred !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

happyhooker

Well, it's a fantastic thing.  All those reels that were out there that couldn't be fixed for the lack of one or two small parts now have a chance at a new lease on life.

Frank

foakes

It is certainly nice to have the DQ small parts bins overflowing --

Filled up these common DQ organizers in the upstairs main small shop -- filled up 120 large drawers in the two library organizers in the second shop.

And have at least 18 full crates of parts that have no place to go for now -- just back up stock for the drawers.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Looks like your set for the duration, Fred!  :o Good for you!  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)