Gone hawg wild over the Garcia Mitchell 304

Started by festus, October 11, 2019, 09:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

It's been a while since I've been able to find a bulk deal on reels.  Lucked out and got these nine Garcia Mitchell 304 and one 305.  

If I don't booger something up, it's looking like there will be a total of seven functioning reels here as it is.  Got a couple of missing handle knobs, a couple missing side plate screws, couple of missing non-spring side bail screws, one bail trip assembly missing, two missing line guides, a missing click tongue, and so on.  

Already completed the most dreaded chore I encounter with the 304--busting loose the side plate screws.  Got them all loosened on the ten reels without boogering the heads or stripping the threads. Wish me luck removing the oscillation plate screws, they can also be stubborn.  

Checking the Mitchell Museum site, these all appear to be the sixth version of the 304.  No CAPs in this group.

Midway Tommy

Looks like you got your work cut out for you there, Chester.   :o It's a good thing they're fairly easy keepers.  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

Watcha gonna do with all those 304s Chester? Gonna do a little trading? Nice haul!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

Haulin' 'em in by the wheelbarrow load! Lots of hours of fun ahead !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

TRS

Nice haul! Slightly jealous, looking for a couple my self, after I finish with my current batch of Mitchell's.

Tom
They call it fishing, not catching

Ron Jones

Fred made me a 305 a while back, love it.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

happyhooker

"She's real fine, my 304" doesn't quite rhyme, so, with homage to the Beach Boys, how about "She's something I adore, my 304"?

Frank