PB Copper Rockfish

Started by the rockfish ninja, October 15, 2019, 11:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

I've been really experimenting on my Rockfish/Lingcod jigging. Picked up a St Croix Mojo jig rod for heavy jigs and a Trevala S rod for light tackle slow pitch and I had a decent day with the new sticks.

No monster Lings to show off, (a caught a couple short ones) but the slow pitch thing was killing the better size rockfish. They usually run in the 1-3lb range average but with a red & gold Squish jig, every fish was 2-3lbs and I latched into a 6lb personal best for that species.

Yea, I know it's not a glam sport fish like Yellowtail or Dorado but for the West Coast version of snapper, that species, it's a slug.

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Ron Jones

I love eating coppers! Nothing wrong with a sink full of fish.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

Quote from: the rockfish ninja on October 15, 2019, 11:47:18 PM
...... a Trevala S rod for light tackle slow pitch

Yea, I know it's not a glam sport fish like Yellowtail or Dorado but for the West Coast version of snapper, that species, it's a slug.

nice fish, they might not be glam fish for the pics but they are really fun on light tackle and even better on the frying pan

The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

That is a huge Copper for sure !! We have lots of them here in BC but not many close to that size ........................ nice fish and as mentioned ...Great Eats !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

thorhammer

Fishy247

Nice copper! They may not be "glamorous", but those coppers get GRUMPY when they get bigger! Pretty dang good eats too!

Mike