fishing with the legal department!

Started by alantani, October 13, 2019, 06:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

took dominick, ben, ted and jon out for rockfish yesterday.  scored 7 rockfish per person and one ling per person.  the small detail was that dominick caught all of the lingcod.  it was nice of him to share!  also, lots of sea lions on the water yesterday!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cor

How did you manage to get a single fish on board with all those "dogs"??
Maybe Sea Lions are better behaved then the dogs we have here.    One dog is enough to take every Yellowtail we hook, squid fishing is even worse, they follow the boat around, we drive 2 miles away with open throttles and then see him coming along 5 minutes later.
Not my favourite creatures. :-[
Cornelis

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

rockfish are very spiney and sea lions will generally not try to take one.  i just wish salmon and yellowtail had spines like those!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I saw this on YouTube last night....I think you have a fur ball problem.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Donnyboat

Thats amazing, I dont think I have seen anymore than 1 dozen sea lions or seals, in one mob before, good work Dom, were you using the tank, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

bhale1

yep... I also saw the YouTube vid earlier today, have you ever seen that many dogs before,,,amazing to me Boss...!!!!!
Brett

oc1

That's crazy.  Did you find them or did they find you?
-steve

steelfish

great fishing boys !!

pretty sure the time after fishing was even better

Quote from: Cor on October 13, 2019, 07:55:26 AM
.......the boat around, we drive 2 miles away with open throttles and then see him coming along 5 minutes later.
haha that story sounds pretty familiar.

local sealions seems to dont care about any fish from the grouper family, but you dont want to have a sea lion around when fishing for YT or spanish macks

The Baja Guy

foakes

Quote from: oc1 on October 14, 2019, 08:13:27 AM
That's crazy.  Did you find them or did they find you?
-steve

Sea lions are pretty smart, Steve...

They know who the capable fish harvesters are --

And they know Alan's hull number.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Crab Pot

Wow, I have NEVER seen FUR BAGS congregate like that.

I thought it was a boil at first.

Time to move when they "swarm" like that...holy cow.
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

conchydong

Wow, I didn't look at the video at first until I read some comments. It seems Sea Lions are becoming out of control. The only problem that I have with some environmentalists is that they sometimes exclude humans in the natural equation of nature. I am sure that the indigenous people hunted Sea lions for meat and skins. Now that they are protected and the other natural predators besides man have been reduced in numbers they seem to be overpopulating.
A sanctioned cull probably would be healthy for their future and the future of many fish species. Not sure what they taste like but I bet Chili can smoke some up with or without bacon and make them good to eat.

xjchad

Quote from: conchydong on October 15, 2019, 12:57:37 AM
Not sure what they taste like but I bet Chili can smoke some up with or without bacon and make them good to eat.

I'd try it!
:D :D :D :D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

RowdyW

Even an Eskimo can't be wrong. They'll also make nice boots & coats.          Rudy