It is getting close

Started by Keta, September 27, 2019, 02:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Thanks Lee, good luck, Steve dont worry about the look of the feet, as long as the face looks okay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

joel8080

Keta

There is an old & famous get well recipe for what ails you, It's called Scotch after a couple of shots you will feel great again.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

MarkT

I got back from the Excel Phenix rods 10 day yesterday. Fishing for Wahoo at both the Ridge and Rocks was pretty good, Yellowtail was poor as was YFT until we hit the zone SW of the Coronados on the way back with all the short range fleet and lots of private boats.  I tagged 6 Wahoo, 2 on the troll using a Nomad DTX minnow and 4 on bombs. I had 3 wahoo eaten by Bronze Whaler sharks and lost 2 troll fish that ran across the stern after people dropped in and couldn't get out of the way quick enough. DTX minnows like to run long down the middle in clean water unlike Marauders that like to run short in the corners.  My one YT came on a yo-yo iron and I got 4 YFT that I gave to a couple of friends on the boat.  I only had my tags on 7 fish.  I did catch 16 species of fish.  I even got 2 barracuda at once on a yo-yo iron... I had one next to the boat getting ready to bounce and another one came up and tried to take the jig away so I bounced both at once!

We started on the Ridge at the 13 spot then went down to the Thetis bank, out to the Rocks for a day and a half then back to the 13, up to the San Pablo 10 spot, up by Turtle bay, went up to Canoas then Sacramento reef before ending fishing the YFT 35 miles from San Diego. We traveled 1650 miles over the 10 days!  We ate and drank too much, laughed a lot and am ready to go again next year on my 7th straight trip.

Edit: I got a Wahoo on one of my spinners with a bomb. I've wanted one on a spinner and got it done this year!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Porthos

Quote from: MarkT on October 11, 2019, 03:37:05 AM...Fishing for Wahoo at both the Ridge and Rocks was pretty good, Yellowtail was poor as was YFT until we hit the zone SW of the Coronados on the way back with all the short range fleet and lots of private boats...started on the Ridge at the 13 spot then went down to the Thetis bank, out to the Rocks for a day and a half then back to the 13, up to the San Pablo 10 spot, up by Turtle bay, went up to Canoas then Sacramento reef before ending fishing the YFT 35 miles from San Diego...

Won't mind if the SOA did a similar itinerary...minus two-days.

Wally15

You guys have a safe and productive trip. Give all the SoA folks my regards. I'll be thinking about you as all this wedding crap gets finalized. I'll be spending most of Saturday in a tuxedo. Who says you can't put lipstick on a pig!
I'm already signed up for 2020!!!!!!
One great thing about this marriage; the bride's Dad has 1600 acres of prime deer habitat 20 miles from me that needs some serious thinning. His only rule-you must shoot 3 does before shooting a buck (10 does and 2 antlers is the GA season limit). Got a nice doe Sat, opening day of black powder in GA. Going again in the AM. This is my favorite hunting week of the year. Gun season opens this coming Saturday and then all Hell breaks loose!
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor