Me, Ben, Dominick and Jon

Started by alantani, September 17, 2019, 11:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

Nice and calm for Dom !!! Way to go, fun in the sun ................................. unlike here !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on September 18, 2019, 03:25:18 PM
..........., fun in the sun ................................. unlike here !!
Cheers:
Todd

want some fun in the sun?

come this north part of Baja, its 8am and already 87*f, expected to be 99*f with lots of humidity later today
The Baja Guy

Keta

Mid 40's here this morning and a bit of frost yesterday.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hardy Boy

Alex: i'm sure that I would have fun but ......................... thats way too much sun !!!!!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

jon_elc

Quote from: alantani on September 18, 2019, 04:26:20 AM
the two most exciting things were dom's ling and the double that we had on cabezon!  that's why there were only two photos....   :-\

Yep, I didn't get anything exciting, but was still happy to catching fish.  Thanks for great day fishing, Alan! I found Grandpa's old Senator 1/0 in the garage last night, so next time maybe I can go old-school.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Thanks, Alan!

Nice Ling, Dominick!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

for rockfish, you really need braid. that's why dominick was having so much trouble yesterday.  he's coming down today with his reel and we're going to fix that.  we need to do something similar with you.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

Alan, what did Dominick have on his reel???   20 lbs. Mono???

I too have replaced all my mono on my local Rockfish & Ling Cod reels to 50 lbs. braid.

If you want more photos taken of  your trip, bring me along!!!! ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Newell Nut

Glad you were able to get out and have some fun. Seas are still too rough over here in the sunshine state.

Dwight

pjstevko

Looks like a great trip! As always The Boss puts people on the meat  ;D

Dominick

Hey the boss is one heck of a boatman.  He pointed the boat south out of Half Moon Bay and ran for about a half hour.  He stopped the boat and said here's the spot.  We dropped our lines down and were hit almost immediately.  The man knows his stuff.  I had a great day.  That Ling in the photo weighed out to 15 lbs.  Nice fish.  Thanks again for a great day Alan.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishy247

Awesome catch! Looks like it was a beautiful day out there. Nice cabbies!

Mike