Mitchell 307 Bail Wire

Started by TonyM, February 15, 2022, 04:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyM

I have a Mitchell 307 that is in great shape except for a missing bail wire.  It has been stored away for years and I would like to put it to use again. 

I have been searching EBay for a bail but all the bails they show are for a different model.  Mine would be classified as Pre 1975 and has the bail rubber bail bumper.

There are several 307's for sale that I could part out but the bail's ae not correct.  If I purchased one of the ones for sale with the wrong bail, could I just swap out the heads to make my reel functional again?

Looking at the schematics it looks like it would work. 

All advice appreciated.

Thank You

foakes

There is a good chance that I would have a new bail for you, Tony —

Would need some photos of your reel.

You can PM (private message button) to email me so we can match up a bail with photos.

I have some 307's and a few hundred Mitchell bails.  Should be able to do a parts check match.

Might also have some bails in parts envelopes.

Do you know the bail part number for your particular reel?

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

TonyM

foakes

Here is your correct 307 bail, Tony —

Also a new line guide, line guide screw, and rubber bumper.

This is a new assembly —

Also will pass along an original owners manual with schematic, parts, features, and operation.

$5 + $5 shipping — $10 total to your door.

Please PM me your address.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

TonyM

Fred

Thank You very much. 

I sent you a PM.  Just be sure to give me your address and I will get the funds right out to you, and make sure what you are asking for covers everything. 

You went way above and beyond, and I really appreciate it.

Tony

foakes

Great, Tony —

In the mail tomorrow.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

TonyM

Fred

Here is the reel all serviced, cleaned up with the new bail ready to go.

Thank you again

Tony

foakes

Looks great, Tony —

Those Lefty 307's are a rare bird.

Glad you were able to use the bail I sent.

On a 307 bail — like many other parts on the left-handed Mitchells — the parts are unique to that reel — and will not work on a 306.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

DON3099

TonyM

Don

Thank You.  Now I need to service a 410 and a 304.