Newell s533 4.6 Narrow Mod

Started by Kenny B., October 19, 2019, 04:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

russ1962

What are the line capacities of these narrowed 533/440 reels?
Yards of 65lb braid ?
Yards of 80lb braid?
Yards of 40lb mono ?
Yards of 50lb mono?

Rancanfish

I second the Newell Nut is God feeling.  He bent over backward to answer all my Newell newbie questions.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Donnyboat

Hi Russ 1962, braid capacity varies from 4 strand,8,12,&16, when your talking how much, the 16 strand is very fine, good for casting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Newell Nut

Quote from: Kenny B. on October 26, 2019, 06:29:38 PM
Well she turned out great, I can't even begin to thank Dwight(Newell Nut) enough for his advise and experience and generosity. As I sat here in Northern California with this used reel with big plans of new drags and narrow frames and zero experience, Dwight offered a hand and from 3000 miles away made my plans come to life. Dwight thank you so so much for all you did. You are a true gentleman.

Thanks for the praise notes. Helping others is painless. I don't spend much time here anymore as my spare time now is spent chasing fish. If anyone gets stuck on something just send me a PM and I will try to help.

Dwight

mrwilson99

Dwight is top notch and has helped me!

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 10, 2021, 01:07:28 PM
Quote from: Kenny B. on October 26, 2019, 06:29:38 PM
Well she turned out great, I can't even begin to thank Dwight(Newell Nut) enough for his advise and experience and generosity. As I sat here in Northern California with this used reel with big plans of new drags and narrow frames and zero experience, Dwight offered a hand and from 3000 miles away made my plans come to life. Dwight thank you so so much for all you did. You are a true gentleman.

Thanks for the praise notes. Helping others is painless. I don't spend much time here anymore as my spare time now is spent chasing fish. If anyone gets stuck on something just send me a PM and I will try to help.

Dwight
David

Swami805

I've been doing Dwight's mod to the gear sleeve to add a under gear washer on my Newell's for awhile.  Works great.  Thanks Dwight!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

I gotta try it out some day. Dwight did some great stuff with Newell's!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D