304 Parts Needed ?

Started by jgp12000, February 26, 2023, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I just acquired a 304 that is missing a few parts that I would like to get back on the water if possible,it might be a candidate for powder coating in the future.

81153-TRIP LEVER
81152-TRIP LEVER SPRING
81017-TRIP LEVER SCREW
81149-LINE GUIDE
9104-SPOOL
81118-DRAG KNOB
81005-CLICK SPRING
81015-BAIL SPRING
81143-COVER SCREWS(3EA)
Thank you,
James

foakes

Should have all of the parts new, James —-

I'll put together a package tomorrow and send it your way when we can get out and down to the Post Office.

Currently we are snowed in and cannot go anywhere.

Might be a few days.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

Thanks Fred!PM me the total,that's wild it's 78 degrees here at 6:30pm.The trees are blooming ,and grass is turning green its already springtime

foakes

Looks like another 2-3 day bout of snow —-

Should start here in a few hours.

Another rare Blizzard warning from NOAA —- from 10 AM Monday thru 4 PM, Tuesday.

Maybe another 1 or 2 feet.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Fred, I think maybe y'all out there have been praying a little too hard for moisture the last couple of years. What you've been getting lately is pretty unbelievable.  :o
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

CincyDavid

I have to imagine the snow will help with filling reservoirs if nothing else.

jgp12000

Fred,
When you get your powder coat shop up and running I might have some reels you can practice on ?

foakes

Quote from: jgp12000 on February 27, 2023, 04:55:19 PMFred,
When you get your powder coat shop up and running I might have some reels you can practice on ?

Looking forward to starting on this PC stuff, James —-

But it will likely be awhile before I get it down well enough to do it for others —- we will see.

Just took a lunch break from day four of shoveling snow and digging out.  Another 2' predicted by tomorrow at 4:00 PM.

Power still out —- snowed in —- we have a tractor coming in a couple of days.  We have 7' on the front deck.

Heading back out for a few more hours.

Blizzard conditions later this afternoon, overnight, and tomorrow.

As I was working I thought that it could be worse —- we could be in the Ukraine getting shelled, misses landing, and shot at.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

jgp12000

I imagine snow isn't "pretty" to you anymore...85 here today why can't we all have 70 like Gfish

foakes

Quote from: jgp12000 on February 28, 2023, 11:40:34 PMI imagine snow isn't "pretty" to you ...

Not exactly a "Hallmark Card" type experience.

Little worrisome —- but we are good.

We were prepared as much as possible.

Plenty of groceries, generator was running effectively for 5 days straight.  Warm and safe.

We have been digging and keeping up as much as possible with the snow and the load on the roof.

However...today has been a GOOD DAY.  Still snowing, still a blizzard condition —- but the power was restored at 10:00 AM this morning —

Then the neighbors couldn't find anyone to clear our 1/5th mile road.  So I called a good friend across the road who said he would do it by Thursday, Friday, or sooner.  Ron came by this morning with his 80HP Caterpillar Skidster with a 7' bucket —- and cleared the road enough to get out.  And will be back tomorrow to redo the road for any snow that comes down overnight.

Prep and some mountain experience are really key.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.