2 day on the Pacifica

Started by CooldadE, October 22, 2019, 03:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

Quote from: CooldadE on November 02, 2019, 06:25:37 PM
...I hear a Splash... and yes it's my above mentioned 80# rig deep sixed...  now it's frenzy X2. Luckily the big tangle was still there and they were able to fish the $1000 plus outfit out of the abyss...

The reel has been broken down and rebuilt by now, yes?

CooldadE

Hmm... I didn't think of that. I thoroughly rinsed it with fresh water and dried it. Y'all think I should completely take it apart for a clean and lube ? I'm not up to the task with this reel and would need to send it out or take it to the Boss for the clean and lube...
Thanks...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

thorhammer

Yes, or you will find that $600 reel to be a $60 reel :)

CooldadE

alantani

swing by the house and we'll crack it open!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Porthos

Quote from: CooldadE on November 05, 2019, 03:19:05 PM
...I thoroughly rinsed it with fresh water and dried it...

Any incident with full SW submersion requires full overhaul. IMHO, the first step on the boat would have been removing the reel from the rod and dropping it into a bucket of FW. Empty the first soak and follow up with a second FW soak. Two rounds, IMHO, would be sufficient to dilute most of the SW inside the reel and then continue fishing for the rest of the trip.

Back onshore, a full rebuild ASAP...unless, of course, you had a need for $600 door stop.

CooldadE

scrinch

Nice report. You captured the action well. Sounds like a fun trip!

bhale1

Hey Cool,
So the fishing was somewhat tough huh...I was following the fish counts. Sorry you had to start the "chum line" :o
Were you chumming the tacos from the landing? I hope not!!! ;D
Brett

CooldadE

Quote from: bhale1 on November 06, 2019, 04:48:19 AM
Hey Cool,
So the fishing was somewhat tough huh...I was following the fish counts. Sorry you had to start the "chum line" :o
Were you chumming the tacos from the landing? I hope not!!! ;D
Brett
Brett...
The fishing was somewhat tough, luckily the killer tacos I ate from The Royal Rooster were already digested by the time I made my donation to the Sea... Tough fishing is ok, it makes it that much better when the stars align and that fish comes over the rail. I have always been a patient and optimistic guy... my time will come, and I'll eat the still beating heart of my first Tuna. Unless it's a Skipjack...

Cool

Fishy247

Hey man, don't poo poo those skippies. They're good!

CooldadE

I messaged the Boss about my Davie Jones Locker Avet... he was gracious enough to let me bring it by today for a checkup / service.  Cleaned and lubed with only one sad bearing that he replaced. Repacked the braid and added new top shot... he also cleaned, lubed and replaced the original drag disks in my TLD5 and TLD10 reels and loaded them both with fresh mono.
The man is Aces ! But we all knew that...

Cool