Quick owner would not hold their rod like this!

Started by Cubby1973, October 23, 2019, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubby1973

Saw this today. Sure looks like a dam quick reel!

Thanks
Jeff

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

festus

Walmart sporting goods associates haven't learned yet.

Tiddlerbasher

foakes

With the way Joe at WalMart is holding that rod and reel -- I am grateful that he hadn't been promoted to the firearms department -- at least that we know of.

;D ;D ;D

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

Quote from: foakes on October 23, 2019, 02:44:26 PM

With the way Joe at WalMart is holding that rod and reel -- I am grateful that he hadn't been promoted to the firearms department -- at least that we know of.

;D ;D ;D

Best,

Fred
;D
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Robert Janssen

Fairly common actually... I often notice it in movies and TV. Actors holding rod upside down, using lures on a fly rod etc. Most people don't notice i guess, except for those interested. Same with firearms discipline. (i was talking with a friend of mine who is an avid horseback rider. She said the same thing-- horseback riders in the movies often seem to have never been on a horse in their lives.) (my new thing is actors on bicycles being wholly incompetent riders. Bugs me.)

oc1

I guess life is full of things like that.  It takes experience to just be able to carry something without looking like a novice.  My favorite is using the paddle backward on a kayak, SUP or canoe.
-steve

Balvar24

I saw a lady holding a spinning rod like that.  She and her husband were in a $20,000 bass boat.