Help with Sealine handle please

Started by Mrc70, October 24, 2019, 03:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrc70

Hello. Wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to remove the knob from one SL20SH handle and bolt it on to another SL20SH handle. Please see pics. If possible how would I go about doing so? 

RowdyW

Only if you have the correct tooling, equipment, & knowledge. It's best to drill out the old handle & replace it with an aftermarket one that screws together.        Rudy

xjchad

The post is riveted to the handle blade, so the short answer is no, you can't unbolt the knob in your first pic and bolt it to the handle blade in the second pic.
As Rudy said, your best bet is to drill out the rivet holding the old post on, and then bolt on an aftermarket knob.
See the link below for a walk through of the procedure.  If you don't think you want to try it on your own, PM me.  I can do it if you send me the parts.
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12785.0
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Mrc70

Cor

Well yes it can actually be done.

I am presuming this handle is the same or similar to the bigger SL50SH.

The handle is riveted and has to be drilled of, like you have already done or wear has done for you. ;D
I wore out a number of these handles on my SL50SH reels and had a friend who had a machine shop drill and thread a bolt with a round head in to the axle stub.

This gave the handle another lease on life and should be fine for bait fishing, but never provided a 100% new handle because the wear is not even and only on the one side!

See photo
Cornelis

Mrc70

Donnyboat

another option is to buy a handle from Alan Tani or Sal, they are amuch longer handle that fits you hand nicely, yust drill out the old one & bolt in the new, or Alan also sells the arms with the handle, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat