G235f Maintenance questions

Started by OS357, November 11, 2011, 06:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OS357

Update on this newell with FS issues.

Nine days ago  I removed both bearings and pinion gear. Cleaned them with carb cleaner and soaked all in TSI301. After reassembly, it had 25 seconds of FS. Fast forward until today it looks like 12 - 15 seconds.

I guess i will order some SS bearings and let everyone know how that works out.

-JOHN

bluesbubba

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting.

Is there any problem interchanging G235f parts with P235f or S235s parts?.

I purchased a bunch of parts to put together one reel.

Bluesbubba

Newell Nut

If the P series is an older one with a 4 stack drag some parts will not interchange well but they are all the same parts if not a 4 stack drag.
For the most part when Newell changed the Cs and Ss it is not a change in the drive system but in the frame bolting arrangement and bearing cups and caps.
You can put most of those parts in a 300 and 400 series as well. If you look at the schematics that are on this site and look at the part numbers you will understand. The 200 series has the same gears and drags at the 400. Very robust little reels.

bluefish69

Quote from: bluesbubba link=topic=2973.msg 62882#msg 62882 date=1370126726
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting.

Is there any problem interchanging G235f parts with P235f or S235s parts?.

I purchased a bunch of parts to put together one reel.

Bluesbubba

The only difference is the Jack Handle "D" & "S" series have plastic of Graphite knobs. The "P" series has S S. It is possible to have a problem with the 4 stack to 3 Stack Bridge Sleeve. At the base of the Bridge Post some are angled & some square cut.

Mike

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.