Starfire, Monday July 13th, 2020 - FULL!!!!!!!!

Started by alantani, June 09, 2020, 09:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neilman

I'd like to add a few pics as well.  The bow was a little rougher but no less productive.  I pulled up 8 reds in a row, only one at 2lbs while the rest were well over 3lbs!  Alan paid us a visit up front after the capt called it a day.

Neilman

Oops, sorry.  I dunno how to rotate these pics.  Anyway, this is Alan & my buddy, Brooke.  Note the burlap bag - Brooke nailed em with his jig & teaser combo.  In the end he came out with limits of red, at least 4 nice sized petrale sole, and at least one keeper ling.  My burlap bag that I loaned him mustv seen better days since it literally burst under the weight.  That's the kind of fishing we'd experienced!  My, oh my!!  Let's do it again!

- Neil

Neilman

Heading back to the landing with full bags and a great day of fun!!  Thank you, Alan, for the invite, and all who made the trip for making it a blast!  My family enjoyed the tastiest fresh reds we've ever had!

- Neil

Donnyboat

Good on you Neil, nice pics, looks like the weather condition were good to, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

theswimmer

What a trip !
Truly a definition of  Ohana .
Thanks to.all for the great eats esp. Ellen , PJ  ,Khanh and Wayne .
Great company both old friends and new.
Thanks to our fearless leader for once more trusting us in your folks vacation home . Without Mr and Mrs Tani there would be no Clubhouse. Thank you again
I just know Glen was up there somewhere watching , just happy to see some of his gear catching fish again....
Some more pics.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

More...
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

More..

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

More...

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

5 mile beach run Tuesday morning...

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

The last photo in my post was of Morro Rock looking through the anchor pulpit.....it'd be easier to see if it got turned 90 degrees

Bill B

Just want to say what a great time I had, hanging out with everyone. Food was excellent, conversation was fun, people I've never met made me feel at home, Alan was gracious to let us pirates share the clubhouse, the Starfire is a great boat.   All the cool gear I saw fishing is going to give my wife a heart attack when I try to sneak it into the  house.  A better bunch of people you will be hard pressed to find.  Hopefully when this CV-19 is over more of the guys and gals can do this again.  Sign me up now in advance!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on July 17, 2020, 02:44:08 AM
Just want to say what a great time I had, hanging out with everyone. Food was excellent, conversation was fun, people I've never met made me feel at home, Alan was gracious to let us pirates share the clubhouse, the Starfire is a great boat.   All the cool gear I saw fishing is going to give my wife a heart attack when I try to sneak it into the  house.  A better bunch of people you will be hard pressed to find.  Hopefully when this CV-19 is over more of the guys and gals can do this again.  Sign me up now in advance!  Bill

Bill it was great to meet you and I'm glad you jumped on the trip last minute!

brookf

Hello and thanks to Everyone!...really fun trip, I appreciate everyone that put in the effort to organize it.  Great group to fish with everyone, even though I try to stick around the bow and out of everyone's way...Definitely will keep my eyes here, hope to cut my teeth on a socal tuna trip sooner or later.