Hello from "Surf City USA"

Started by JK47, October 26, 2019, 02:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JK47

I'm new here and have been surf fishing the local beaches for the last 3 years after moving to Southern California. I started out fishing as a youngster at the docks, jetties, rivers, and lakes, in and around my hometown Vancouver, BC Canada. A few weeks ago I finally started going off shore fishing, and have been accumulating offshore gear piece by piece.

I appreciate the wealth of information and atmosphere of this site, and hope to contribute what I can.

Cheers,
Alek

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

Hi Alek, nice to have you with us, what reels have you been buying, & welcome from sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Riy2018

bhale1

festus

JK47

Quote from: Donnyboat on October 26, 2019, 03:09:31 PM
Hi Alek, nice to have you with us, what reels have you been buying, & welcome from sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.

The collection is growing quickly!! I started with an Avet JX Raptor bought at the Carson swap meet last month, a Trinidad 12A, a Lexa
400HD bough for a song on Craigslist... and now I've been bit by the Newell bug. Their simplicity and ease of serviceability has me sold, and now I have to practice my thumb control. I have a few Newell's that I've replaced the bearings, stainless shaft, and dog, upgraded to the 5+1 drag, cleaned, lubed, and a 332 that has been given a 322 Tiburon frame, and spool. It's very satisfying sitting down a taking apart a Newell.

As this season winds down, I'll be ready for the next!!

happyhooker

TRS

Welcome!! From South of the gnat line!!
Tom
They call it fishing, not catching

Sharkb8

Welcome Alex from South Australia Kim

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Welcome to one of the best site in the world, Alex...you will like it here.

Sal, from Phila.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.