Catfishing at Clear Lake, CA with Giant Tomato-Growing Contractor Jim Labor Day

Started by El Pescador, October 26, 2019, 10:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

MO-meister!

You out there???   Thought of you when Gigantic Tomato-growing Contractor Buddy Jim sent me these photos just after Labor Day weekend.

He and his family were visiting the Clear Lake property owned by his wife's parents.

FYI...  Clear Lake in California is the largest natural body of water in the state of California!!!

I'd say GOOGLE it, BUTT I just did for you!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Lake_(California)

Jim was enjoying the weekend fishing  for just Catfish off the boat dock with his Grandchildren.  AND only using a basic spinning reel set up with 10 lbs. mono. 

I told Jim, man, get serious with it, Penn 500 with 50 lbs. braid and WINCH those puppies back to the dock surface.   He said "NO" want to teach his Grandchildren sportsman conduct, catch and release and just having fun on the water with Grandpa!!!!

Well, check out these photos!!!!!

Now for the question of the day...  What did Jim use for bait???    Anyone??  Buhler???

He used what an old fisherman, who has lived in the Clear Lake area all his life uses...  What to guess???

Jim used caught perch, either freshly killed for bait or used a freshly killed perch filleted both sides but left attached to the head so both sides flapped back & forth.   That is it for this nice sized cats.

Question, what is unsportsmanlike using a Penn 500?????

Nice Job Jimmy,

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

Those are some slabs. This guy don't mess around with nothing small......whether it be tomatoes or catfish or the lake he has mastered...all extra large !!

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

Good times for the children, nice photos, thanks Wayne, nice cats on light line, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

I mighta guessed lake Tahoe. Yeah, dead minnows.
Clear lake is so productive. It really shows a contrast between one of Calie's few natural lakes and all the reserviors they have.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

The cool kids are on the dock,,,, 8) getting some big cats,,,, ;) it just doesn't get any better than that,,,,,,, ;D

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

wow, 10 lb mono for those big cats !!

I though it was fierce to use 8 lb mono to catch some 5lb triggerfish with 15dlls spinning rods
The Baja Guy