Finally pouring some octopus-jig heads

Started by gstours, October 07, 2019, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Those are some sweet looking jigs!

If you want I can field test them for you out in Morro Bay in a couple weeks ;D  ::) ;D ::)

gstours

Ok i,m always to little, and too late.   Mr.pjstevko I,d be glad to send you one in your choice of colors Butt i,m on a winter vacation to Oregon and not home for about the first of the new year,  I did not bring any with me and will be glad to send you possibly a more refined version of these jigs.    I haven't had  a good chance to fish these either,  it seems like the weather and my windows closed sooner than I expected, nor wanted.   The mold is in good shape and in my spare winter time up north i,m planning on pouring some more lead being more careful.
   I feel good about how these are different in design, colors, hook options, and am confident they will work good.   

gstours

Here's another skirt a little shorter that's a 2 pc skirt and it could be the glow inner part (shown) might be the outer skirt or just a single skirt used.   This is marketed by Delta tackle.  I can find them reasonable and in a 2 pk.  About 6$ Alaska dollars 💵.

pjstevko

Quote from: gstours on November 03, 2019, 04:39:28 PM
Here's another skirt a little shorter that's a 2 pc skirt and it could be the glow inner part (shown) might be the outer skirt or just a single skirt used.   This is marketed by Delta tackle.  I can find them reasonable and in a 2 pk.  About 6$ Alaska dollars 💵.

Looks great and I'm sure they'll be fish killers!

gstours

These are quite a bit sturdier than most skirts.  Presently my jigs shown are planned to be used with tandem j hooks using bait hanging.    I,m sure they will catch some things.

gstours

Here's another crazy twist to the fish, the forward angle will make the jig appear more lively I'm thinking 🤔.  As a part human it's my thinking that may move the center of the gobble forward some?  That's to the jigs advantage.   Maybe?

thorhammer

Gary, those look great! I haven't seen a grouper throw up an octopus but everything down here eats squid, and I've no doubt your jigs would get crushed with a squid pinned on! I wish I had time to do this!

John