Rubber Band Rod Building Tips!

Started by The Fishing Hobby, November 06, 2019, 12:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fishing Hobby

I hope y'all like these tips! The tips start at 2:42, but I wanted to mention a few other folks at the beginning of the video.

Midway Tommy

That's pretty slick, Kevin. A little dob of Pliobond under the foot ahead of time would make a nice guide foot cushion, too, as Pliobond always stays somewhat flexible. I'll bet a guy needs some pretty narrow rubber bands, though, for those 6/8/10 guides.  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

The Fishing Hobby

Thanks! You can definitely find small ones. I use tape a lot too. I use this technique for tiny guides like micro guides.
Always nice to be aware of different options...never know when you need to pull something out of your bag of tricks!

Gfish

Thanks Dude, I'm constantly replacing guides due to saltwater corrosion( ceramic parts always commin off after metal degrades).
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: Gfish on November 06, 2019, 03:12:19 PM
Thanks Dude, I'm constantly replacing guides due to saltwater corrosion( ceramic parts always commin off after metal degrades).
I hope this helps you out! I have another video I'm working on right now and hope to upload today about a tool you may want to take a look at if you are replacing a lot of guides. Makes removing the old epoxy super easy.
I'll be sure to post it here after I get it up on YouTube.

Dominick

Nice work as usual Kevin.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Another small and narrow helper is a couple wraps of elastic thread,  easy to pull and tie, sacrificial, availave in sewing stores.  Guttmann is my favorite.  Hope this helps someone. ;)

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: gstours on November 06, 2019, 04:26:39 PM
Another small and narrow helper is a couple wraps of elastic thread,  easy to pull and tie, sacrificial, availave in sewing stores.  Guttmann is my favorite.  Hope this helps someone. ;)
good tip!

Dominick

Quote from: The Fishing Hobby on November 15, 2019, 02:28:55 PM
Quote from: gstours on November 06, 2019, 04:26:39 PM
good tip!

Yep!  I always forget elastic thread.  I always have some in my tackle box.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.