Cameraman helps with no editing

Started by gstours, November 06, 2019, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Seems like i,m learning a new VideoPad editing program and kinda getting it in my spare time.   Here is a clip I should have share a lot earlier as its pretty good for raw footage.  See what you think.  Maybe some of you want to guess who the camera person is?  We had a lot of fun and as good friends everybody wants to help.   This makes work fun.   Soon the work starts.    Wish you were there.
    Many of you cant go fishing today,  butt you can still have fun. ;)

David Hall

this is the kind of big Butt I can only dream of.
thanks for sharing Gary.

foakes

Good camera & editing work, Gary!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on November 06, 2019, 07:18:53 PM
Good camera & editing work, Gary!

Best, Fred

Good camera work DOMINICK!  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Gary!

I'm REELY enjoying your vid editing work here and for the fine camera work done by Dominick.

Almost always I'm being Ansel Adams (the guy BEHIND the camera) and for once it is nice to watch me in action.

Will send your YOUTUBE Vid to family & friends to enjoy and see what their aging friend or relative enjoys doing in his free time ;D

BUTT I don't know!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

gstours

Thanks for the warm welcome,  so much fun and footage is sitting around it seems.  Some is not really good for everyone,  especially when I wear the camera 🎥.  Butt for me sharing is half the fun.
   When we can have a dedicated photo person like Dommie my work load is cut in half.
     Now if I could just get a baiter ( person) to help I could be the harpoon person,  no more shaking and blotchy video.   Thanks for all the fun.   Then the work starts.🚣🎥🥃

mo65

How about ol' Wayno? That's good stuff right there! Great fishin' guys...can I be the bait monkey? 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

Thanks for wanting to work Mo.  Your on,  sign up papers upon arrival,  sometimes it rains, just like it does in the northwest.
    Butt sometimes it warm and sunny,   usually the sun moves the air and by noon the perfect calm water gets little white tops and sorta curl over.   If you can get up usually its daylight by 5am and the hook could be dropped and coffee started.
   What I neglected to say is the above footage is raw as is the below clip.  Sometimes it just turns out ok,   as if you were there.
        Tee shirt weather and a job welll done guys,   ;) now lets rest a minuit, pay respect to the red cooler, have a toast, then go home and go to work.

Maxed Out

Great video Gary. You have a system dialed in for those butts and hope you don't mind if I copy your methods for landing a hot fish, and bleeding outside the gunnel. Your spinning gaff is a game changer. Wish I had one

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

gstours

Tanks Ted,  I,m just glad to share some info and pictures.  You can thank Dominick for mentioning the swivel gaff idea.  It became a necessity for me as these fish can twist and thrash even after they seem subdued.  Ive even let go of the gaff a couple of times as the fish was winning!  Ive only made one and its crude as most first off projects.  I may have some pictures of the details.   if i can locate them i can show more on this idea.   The spring that holds the j part is on the outside of the pcs,  It was the easiest way to do a prototype and i,m still using it this way.    A good fish with the water current strong movement when it turns its side into the water current will either break your wrists or turn you over inside the gunnel. :'(

gstours

Some folks have a rope on the gaff handle, :-\  this might help as you release the gaff and hold the rope butt I never cared for the flying gaff idea unless i,m in a skiff.  Killing the fish first is what some folks do butt then it doesent bleed properly and generally makes red filets.  of course you can rinse most off with water,  butt no blood is the best way to have the best product in my opinion.

reelrepair123

FANTASTIC   gary and crew,  the butt man strikes again, we all wish we were there,  gee we never see another boat fishing near you, seems you got the market cornered,  two hanging already, great day, looks like a descent current there also.  great going gary and crew and dom.    harryk

gstours

Here is a great clean halibut filet.  Bled properly.  Plenty for all.🧜‍♂️

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !