Utilizing Odd Parts

Started by mo65, November 09, 2019, 10:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Ever look across your bench and think "should I put all these parts away or just assemble them"? I had a handle with nearly mint chrome, but the knob was wobbly. I Drilled the rivet out and screwed on an aftermarket knob. Then I noticed how much thicker and heavier a #29-49 stand is than the #29-180. With the new handle and the heavier stand, a Baymaster 180 would be a stout little reel. I had the 180 headplate...tossed in a Beachmaster 155 tailplate and a Surfmaster 100 spool...plus some posts and now I have a new reel. It's a Johnny Cash "one piece at a time" Frankensteiner. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Nice work Mike, looks great, whats your plan as far as line & rod , cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mo65

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 09, 2019, 11:31:10 PM
Whats your plan as far as line & rod?

Hi Don. I put together one of these 180s a while back for casting musky plugs. This one is set up for catfishin' though. 30lb. mono with the drag around 7-8lbs., on an 8ft. med-hvy glass rod. I put in new HT-100s greased with Cal's, lapped the metals, and used a fresh Penn undergear washer. It hit 10 pounds full finger tight...and smooth as silk.

milne

Hi Mo,
         I Recon it looks super cool.  You've used up spare parts, modded up something that works for a style of fishing you do,
     How goods that !!!
   A "Johnny Cash one piece at a time Frankensteiner "   Luv it Mo

Col

Bill B

Possibly seven different reels, must be a new record on a Franken parts reel.....good job brother...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mo65

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on November 14, 2019, 10:13:12 PM
Possibly seven different reels, must be a new record on a Franken parts reel.....good job brother...Bill

Thanks Bill! You got me to thinkin'...so I did a parts tally.

1. Most of it's a Baymaster 180.
2. A Surfmaster 100 spool.
3. A Beachmaster 155 tail plate.
4. A Long Beach 60 handle blade.
5. A Long Beach 66 drag star.
6. A Mariner 49 stand.

It looks like she's a "sixensteiner". :D

Fishy247

That's awesome Mo! Pretty sweet little reel!

Mike

broadway

Looks super capable... nice job, Mo!
You're a modding maniac ;)
Keep at it,
Dom